What's new

FREE from Hidden Path Audio, Orchestral Rise Builder!

I also downloaded and extracted the library (it was an RAR file). I'm on a Mac, and it did not ask for my system password, so it didn't seem like it wanted to install anything malicious. However, caution should always be exercised, especially from an unknown developer. I did not inspect the file before I extracted it, so I could not verify what the package actually contained. If someone could do that, it would make all of us feel better.

I agree with mc_deli - Hidden Path should come forward tell us about the company to give us confidence and make us feel that they are legit. Ransomware is a serious problem, and I didn't think about a Kontakt exploit as a possibility.

I instantly grabbed it, without even questioning anything. I am not to worried as I have no valuable projects, but it would indeed be nice if they can set the record straight.

Hey guys,

This is a little side project of mine. The rise builder was something I created quite a while back for personal use, and thought it might be useful to others as well... and figured the holidays would be a nice time to share it. simple as that, nothing malicious intended!

So... can we put the pitchforks down now?

Oh my god. A new company is a new company and its like that. I bet they are preparing some libraries and this is just a freebie so you can get to know them. The subscribe is to get their new produts alert... can't believe how suspicious some people are. Like they will get your credit card number or something

To new companies out there: This shows you what not to do in you first ever product that is Also Free. Don't put a first product as Free without having
1: a demo sound
2 : a way to contact you
3: Don't make a new facebook and VI control account the same day, cause it will look suspicious. Actually don't make an account at all, let the people find you themeselves...

Instead:
1: Have a demo song for your Freebie so they can listen to it first. Then they can know that it isn't b#%sh@t.
2: Have contact details , so they can contact with their complaints and all for the FREEbie...
3: Make an account 5 years ago, and post it 5 years later.

Don't make the same mistake....

With the way suspicion arose with this free product, what other "developers" have gone to extensive lengths to corrupt your Kontakt software? Seems like a huge waste of time to me.

Btw, I immediately signed up for the newsletter as soon as I read the post. I'm pretty cautious when it comes to hacks, which is why I've never been a victim, and I didnt see any red flags with this. Always better to be safe than sorry though, so I can understand the cautious approach.

To new companies out there: This shows you what not to do in you first ever product that is Also Free. Don't put a first product as Free without having
1: a demo sound
2 : a way to contact you
3: Don't make a new facebook and VI control account the same day, cause it will look suspicious. Actually don't make an account at all, let the people find you themeselves...

Instead:
1: Have a demo song for your Freebie so they can listen to it first. Then they can know that it isn't b#%sh@t.
2: Have contact details , so they can contact with their complaints and all for the FREEbie...
3: Make an account 5 years ago, and post it 5 years later.

Don't make the same mistake....

So if I start a sample company I sign up first for VI control, then wait 5 years?
Seems very anti-internet (slow), couldn't I just snail mail myself a self addressed envelope? ;)

With the way suspicion arose with this free product, what other "developers" have gone to extensive lengths to corrupt your Kontakt software? Seems like a huge waste of time to me.

Btw, I immediately signed up for the newsletter as soon as I read the post. I'm pretty cautious when it comes to hacks, which is why I've never been a victim, and I didnt see any red flags with this. Always better to be safe than sorry though, so I can understand the cautious approach.

To be clear, the idea is Konakt would initiate a dormant app within the files, potentially hacking your computer, getting sensitive information, and auto sending it to it's creator. So, yes, it could be more than just hacking you kontakt. Even ransom-ware is possible this way. Glad the creator/OP chimed in.

The risers are nice. Could have more functions on the GUI and more variations, but it's a great sampler. Thanks Kranz.

Last edited:
So... can we put the pitchforks down now?

Hah if you use this forum, I'm pretty sure you've already seen that around here: you are guilty if proven innocent, you will be castigated for doing something nice, any music you happen to like or even write is way inferior to whatever anyone else posts. And they are AWLAYS right.

Anywho, I downloaded it right away, it's great. It's actually better than some stuff I've paid for, so thanks from me :)

Hah if you use this forum, I'm pretty sure you've already seen that around here: you are guilty if proven innocent, you will be castigated for doing something nice, any music you happen to like or even write is way inferior to whatever anyone else posts. And they are AWLAYS right.

Anywho, I downloaded it right away, it's great. It's actually better than some stuff I've paid for, so thanks from me :)

If people think we carry pitchforks around here, try being a member of the CGC forum. They make this place look like Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.

To be clear, the idea is Konakt would initiate a dormant app within the files, potentially hacking your computer, getting sensitive information, and auto sending it to it's creator. So, yes, it could be more than just hacking you kontakt. Even ransom-ware is possible this way. Glad the creator/OP chimed in.

The risers are nice. Could have more functions on the GUI and more variations, but it's a great sampler. Thanks Kranz.

So true, but still, what developers have done this? I'm not implying it hasnt happened, I'm justing wanting to be informed.

Thanks! That's the best praise I can ask for! Glad some folks are digging it, it was a fun little thing to put together.

Last edited:
I think the above post from the dev is not what it appears to be. I believe it to be a code, only decipherable by an EastWest secret decoder ring. When initiated, it could potentially set off a Kontakt self-destruct mechanism.

I think the above post from the dev is not what it appears to be. I believe it to be a code, only decipherable by an EastWest secret decoder ring. When initiated, it could potentially set off a Kontakt self-destruct mechanism.

With the latest complaints about Kontakt some would think NI doesn't need anyone's help.

hahahahaha

Top Bottom