What's new

SAURON - The DAW All Media Composers Must Learn???

Okay, I watched the video!

In my situation, I would use one of Max4Live's Envelope Follower, and map it to a filter and a volume knob. But of course, you'd need Ableton Live and M4L for that.

I wonder whether Logic has this kind of envelope follower plugin, that you could map to anything you want?

Last week I made a video for Spitfire audio that demonstrated how I would go about pitching for a job in a way that broke with tradition got noticed and hopefully would be successful. But some of you asked “but where do you find the opportunity to pitch?”. The answer is both simple AND difficult for some to swallow, because…. Well, check out the video. We’re in a golden age of creation, be a part of it by anyway possible.

Last week I made a video for Spitfire audio that demonstrated how I would go about pitching for a job in a way that broke with tradition got noticed and hopefully would be successful. But some of you asked “but where do you find the opportunity to pitch?”. The answer is both simple AND difficult for some to swallow, because…. Well, check out the video. We’re in a golden age of creation, be a part of it by anyway possible.

I totally concur with you, Christian!! Another wonderful video!! It is very important that a composer develops their chops as well as every controllable aspect of their career as best they can so if and when that opportunity arises one is as prepared for success as possible!! Well said!! Getting an agent is not easy as one either needs a large body of work before an agent will get interested in repping you or a major credit with an A-list producer or director who wants to work with that composer again.

I totally concur with you, Christian!! Another wonderful video!! It is very important that a composer develops their chops as well as every controllable aspect of their career as best they can so if and when that opportunity arises one is as prepared for success as possible!! Well said!! Getting an agent is not easy as one either needs a large body of work before an agent will get interested in repping you or a major credit with an A-list producer or director who wants to work with that composer again.
Thanks JonS, I think it is also important not to get an agent TOO EARLY, you will have nothing to negotiate with, our industry is littered with shite deals made at the beginnings of careers. But possibly more important why hand of the controls of your career without setting a course for yourself. I have seen people get an agent then sit around on their arse for a year waiting for the phone to ring, and when they finally get off their arses and get a job using their own tenacity are suddenly incredibly hacked off that their agent is taking 20% and a 50% publisher's share of their authorship!

I literally gave away 50% of my publishing to the BBC for a TV show at the beginning of my career when I was desperate for the £1000 quid they were offering. I calculate that 1k lost me well over 100,000 pounds over a 10 year period!

Is this the ultimate orchestral expression controller???

Impeccable timing on this video, my friend, thank you! I've been shopping for a CC fader controller to upgrade from my tiny Korg NanoKontrol. Monogram looks interesting! So does that Nuance. I see my composing heroes using the JL Cooper FaderMaster Pro...like you say, something you use every day is important to get right!

Bit to rich for my blood being a hobbiest but looked very nice!
Monogramming dress shirts is upper limit these days. But there's always _

https://www.amazon.com/Mackie-Controller-2x2-KNOB-Passive/dp/B01NCUZ32O/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=Faderport+16&qid=1613591901&sr=8-5 (Mackie Big Knob Series)​

:emoji_money_mouth:

Do people who use swish fader boxen find that they just get it right first time compared to using something like the Nanokontrol? Because I have the latter and am still forever drawing in new cc curves to replace the bad ones I recorded.

NI touch strips coupled with finger sleeves for consistent movement and low friction. Makes faders seem clunky and something from the last century. Honestly.

SL Mixface is a really great product I’d recommend. Plenty of useful features.

Minor gripes :
- Fader caps are odd but can be replaced easily with v curved ones
- Faders are a bit hard to move but it comes with a rubber mat

It's ironic that you didn't make the big spinning wheel map to...the big spinning wheel in the Spitfire plugin.
I was thinking the same thing.

But then I realized the big spinning wheel controls something that is easier to control with a real slider.

Top Bottom