What's new

Forum was upgraded tonight!

It starting showing up as Helvetica Neue a few minutes after I posted. It probably just took a little while for the changes to propagate to all the servers which host the forum. At the time I posted my earlier message, pulling a fresh copy of the CSS from a 'clean' browser still had the font-family for the message-body class as "Verdana, Arial, sans-serif". Now it is "'Helvetica Neue',Verdana,sans-serif".
OK, and is it a noticeable and positive improvement?

From my 5K iMac (temporarily set back to Verdana, so it looks like it does before the change):

Untitled 5.png

And with the updated/current CSS, with Helvetica Neue:

Untitled 6.png
OK, on more try and that's it. Helvetica Neue needs to be probably 2 points bigger than Verdana to have the same clarity. Refresh you page and could you send me a new screenshot?

I'm on an Android tablet using Chrome. The main font has gotten a few points bigger for me, and looks more spaced out. Doesn't look all that great.

I'm on an Android tablet using Chrome. The main font has gotten a few points bigger for me, and looks more spaced out. Doesn't look all that great.
Yep, so here is the thing - there is one (1) setting for all the fonts I'd pick. If I increase the size of Helvetica Neue to make it cleaner, it increases Verdana and it's too large.

Sorry but this is the end of the experiment.

I’m on Firefox on iPad, and every time I move between Tabs (Latest Posts, Watched Threads etc.) the alerts bell flashes briefly with the number 113 in red?

I’m on Firefox on iPad, and every time I move between Tabs (Latest Posts, Watched Threads etc.) the alerts bell flashes briefly with the number 113 in red?
Hi Leslie,

Not sure what it could look like n the iPad, but see if this solution could work for you?

Andre

Hi Leslie,

Not sure what it could look like n the iPad, but see if this solution could work for you?

Andre
Thanks Andre, that solution seems to have fixed it! :2thumbs:

Still having a couple problems with editing posts on my Android phablet (Android 7/Firefox 84.1.4).
- most of the time I get a quotation frame on top of my posts, even when I'm not quoting anything
- can't upload images from the phone's memory anymore, no matter if I'm using the mobile or desktop site in Firefox or Android Chrome.

No such issues in other forums or when posting from my PC (Firefox/Windows 8.1.).

TIA!

Last edited:
Still having a couple problems with editing posts on my Android phablet (Android 7/Firefox 84.1.4).
- most of the time I get a quotation frame on top of my posts, even when I'm not quoting anything
- can't upload images from the phone's memory anymore, no matter if I'm using the mobile or desktop site in Firefox or Android Chrome.

No such issues in other forums or when posting from my PC (Firefox/Windows 8.1.).

TIA!
Can you share screenshots?

It looks just like the standard frame around quotes but without any text.
Edit: as I'm typing this the frame appears in the editor window, pretty much like in any post that contain quotes but after posting it doesn't show up in my post anymore. Anyway if I press the edit button to edit my post the editor opens and the frame shows up again in the editor (text entry) window.

Last edited:
Top Bottom