What's new

Forum was upgraded tonight!

Hi, can you refresh your page a few times and see if you can see the title now?
Yes, it’s working now, but the “what’s new” functionality on the pop up ribbon at the bottom is not the same as the what’s new with the Star available through the drop down menu on the left. I prefer the functionality of the one with the star and that’s the one that used to be in the pop up ribbon.

The alert bell blinks (showing false notification for a split second) whenever I refresh or move between pages. I'm using mobile chrome.
Also I think it used to be just next to the envelop icon, but now it's not. Is that part of a new layout?
Screenshot_20201228-232227_Chrome.jpg

Hi could you try this, please? Once you have done this, it should not show you other alerts, unless you decide to mark one of them UNREAD. Then the software will do that flicker.

View attachment clear-alerts.mp4

I refreshed to the point it wasn’t happening and then was off doing other things and when I came back it was back as well. Let me try another refresh.
Could you do me a favor and test this on the LIGHT theme as well?

I refreshed again before getting this message and now it’s back to normal. But I’ll check light theme if I have the issue again.
So it happened again. I shifted to light mode and the problem persisted until I did another refresh.

89E02871-F5B8-49B3-A8EE-A3C281502A35.png

So it happened again. I shifted to light mode and the problem persisted until I did another refresh.

89E02871-F5B8-49B3-A8EE-A3C281502A35.png
OK, please keep an eye on this because I can't reproduce that here. Something could be wrong with the caching system. Sorry about that.

I’ve got that issue too, on safari on iOS 14.3, not a fan of the notification on the far right but is what it is

Attachments

• E7F509F5-BE9D-42BF-B3C9-7D5022A077A0.png
    E7F509F5-BE9D-42BF-B3C9-7D5022A077A0.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 1
Update: the counter has increased to 2, but I know 4 people have listened to it :)
After looking into it, I got the response that it is a cache issue. So it takes time to refresh the numbers. I'm not really satisfied with this, in my opinion it should be done quicker, but I can't force server issues, so I apologize. I will try a few things and see if I find a different option. Posts views and responses seem to be automatically tabulated, so I wonder why not this? Short answer is that it is a plugin that is added to the forum in order to facilitate this kind of process (posting an mp3). I'll see if there is a built-in way to do so, but I make no promise.

Hope this helps,

Andre

Hi, you can use the toggle button beside your member name on the very top right. (when you're in the Dark theme, it will show a light bulb icon, and yo're in the Light theme it will show a moon crescent).

Or you could set it up this way too. I made a shot screen capture for you.

View attachment select-background.mp4

Hope this helps!

Andre
Thank you @creativeforge and @todo10

For some reason I could not change it back to the light theme, but it works now. All is well.

I'm not really fond of the huge "PLEASE REGISTER"- nag screen on top of the forum when I browse with a non-logged device. I tend to visit the forum many times a day quickly via phone, tablet and another computer(s) and don't bother to log in for a quick glimpse 5+ times a day.

Could it be possible to at least be able to close/ remove manually after seeing it? Many other forums offer that sort of option, which is in my opinion the best of both worlds for both the forum and the end-user.

I'm not really fond of the huge "PLEASE REGISTER"- nag screen on top of the forum when I browse with a non-logged device. I tend to visit the forum many times a day quickly via phone, tablet and another computer(s) and don't bother to log in for a quick glimpse 5+ times a day.

Could it be possible to at least be able to close/ remove manually after seeing it? Many other forums offer that sort of option, which is in my opinion the best of both worlds for both the forum and the end-user.
Yes, I was debating if it was useful for visitors, but I didn't think of members visiting as "guests." What does it look like now?

I seem to have lost my freakishly addictive “what’s new” refresh button that used to be on the top nav bar.

Also, not pictured, but I too do not see the text for the title of the first thread in the list. Used to only happen with the light theme, but since the forum upgrade, it’s happening with both themes. More specifically, it started happening yesterday.
B1CCF917-9C77-4D5D-A075-8E2D5988A228.jpeg
Still going through these, thanks for pointing them out.

Top Bottom