What's new

Forum was upgraded tonight!

It seems intermittent,sometimes the notifications of new posts,replies etc.... aren’t showing up correctly other times it seems OK

Strange behavior. Can you be more specific? Think "library tech support." :) Likewise, in order to replicate the errors you note, I need to know more. So it would greatly help me if you could for example tell me:

- desktop or mobile?
- what browser (Mac or PC)?
- is the page fully loaded when you notice that?
- is it permanently dysfunctional or does it flicker and then settles?
- can you provide a screenshot?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Opera(which might be the cause,it’s been a bit weird the last few months) on a Mac desktop

Opera(which might be the cause,it’s been a bit weird the last few months) on a Mac desktop

Ah, thank you. That is helpful. Is it updated to latest version?

Also if you could try something, like a different browser and see if it behaves the same way? If so then I can dig deeper.

Regards,

Andre

Sorry, but I can't replicate the error. Could you try to clear your cache, loging out will occur, then log back in and see if it fixes anything?

- are you on mobile or desktop?
- which browser?

Thanks!

It seems to be working again (I didn't do/change anything on my end). Thanks for the quick fix!

Everytime I open or switch to a new page the notification bell turns red with the number 1 (as if I had a new notification) for a half second, then disappears..
Firefox 84.0.1

The whole forum.

This page can’t be displayed

•Make sure the web address https://vi-control.net is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.

That is not good. Let's try these:

1- OK, I removed the modification I had made. Could you check now?

2- While you're there, could you try a different browser to see if the same issues show up?

---

Barring that, it could be useful for you to update your browser to the latest version.

I'm on Chrome right now.
Only because VI on Safari is not working for me anymore. Everything is greyed out when attempting to post.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 12.17.42 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 12.17.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 12.17.42 PM.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 3
I'm on Firefox 68.11.0 on my mobile and Firefox 84.0.1 on the laptop.
1. on both machines the red counter next to the bell always shows an ever increasing number of alerts during the first one or two seconds before settling down on the actual number.
2. on my mobile the upper list of icons in the editor is greyed out and the icons don't respond (no bold, emoticons, etc...)

TIA

I'm on Firefox 68.11.0 on my mobile and Firefox 84.0.1 on the laptop.
1. on both machines the red counter next to the bell always shows an ever increasing number of alerts during the first one or two seconds before settling down on the actual number.
2. on my mobile the upper list of icons in the editor is greyed out and the icons don't respond (no bold, emoticons, etc...)

TIA
Hi, truly Not how it is supposed to work... The software devs have this morning responded to my inquiries and I will dive under the hood to tweak some things and hopefully fix this.

Thank you for your patience,

André

Okay, taken with Safari browser.

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 2.24.17 PM.png
OK, so the toolbar icons are changed, but they are still greyed out.

But you were able to write, and to insert an image, as these don't require further formatting.

This is weird, though.

The software now updated, we're working on updating the styles (themes). Maybe this will bring us a solution.

Andre

Top Bottom