What's new

Forum was upgraded tonight!

creativeforge

the plumber
Hi everyone,

First - wishing you all a decent holiday time with friends and family in whatever format you are allowed to. It's been a year and it's going to be another one soon.

Second - we have upgraded the forum tonight, and all features. Everything should be fine. IF you notice anything out of order let me know here.

1- You may find the Attach files option has changed, is. When you click on it, it will open as usual to upload your image. Once it is loaded in the bottom of the text editor, click on Insert. It will offer a choice between Thumbnail or Full image. Make your pick and there you go!

bf1e88e42dd3c9ed9d5f90c4a5520086.png pogues1b.png

pogues1.png

2- The second thing you may find has changed, is when you PREVIEW your post: to return to the text in order to continue writing or editing it, just click on PREVIEW again and it will return you to the text editor. I think it used to show two (2) screens, the text editor and preview on top of each other.

And now, a fitting traditional anthem...

Cheers!

André

Nice! Good job!!!

Any way to give me (and others using IE) the option to do away with the

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly. You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.

I mean, seeing the message once is fine, but I dont need to see it every time a forum page loads :)

Nice! Good job!!!

Any way to give me (and others using IE) the option to do away with the

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly. You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.

I mean, seeing the message once is fine, but I dont need to see it every time a forum page loads :)

Which browser are you using?

Based on what it's showing for "Similar threads" to the few threads I tried, it's not very helpful. This thread, for instance, is recommending a couple Studio One threads, even though I don't see any relation. In my Sunset Strings thread, the "Similar Threads" are about Shreddage and a Chinese Guqin.

Seems like unnecessary clutter, so I think we can ditch it. ka00 has a nice idea about Member Compositions, but it's already easy enough to go to the Member Compositions forum for people interested in that, so I don't think it's necessary.

Based on what it's showing for "Similar threads" to the few threads I tried, it's not very helpful. This thread, for instance, is recommending a couple Studio One threads, even though I don't see any relation. In my Sunset Strings thread, the "Similar Threads" are about Shreddage and a Chinese Guqin.

Seems like unnecessary clutter, so I think we can ditch it. ka00 has a nice idea about Member Compositions, but it's already easy enough to go to the Member Compositions forum for people interested in that, so I don't think it's necessary.

OK, I deleted it. I may take a bit for the cache to clear up.

Thank you guys for pointing out issues. some work to do there.
I will be back tomorrow to fix what else there is to fix. I need to let the cache clear from the server. I also contacted the theme developer, so I'll sleep on this for now. Keep pointing out the problems you encounter, that is very helpful! :)

Andre

IE

I understand it's an old browser that isnt supported, but it still works - I am just looking to have the option to close that warning. Don't need to see it every time a forum page loads. Thanks

There is no option to close that warning, there may be a reason you need to upgrade your browser. HOWEVER, I have made a modification to the code, let me know if it changed anything?

Cheers!

Last edited:
I think the ignore thread feature might be broken since the update. I had the 5-letter word thread ignored, but I see it again now. When I try to ignore it, I get an error message about already ignoring it. For me it's no big issue, but if I recall correclty @Polkasound mentioned using the ignore thread feature quite often to declutter the forum, and I bet a few others would be affected too.

I think the ignore thread feature might be broken since the update. I had the 5-letter word thread ignored, but I see it again now. When I try to ignore it, I get an error message about already ignoring it. For me it's no big issue, but if I recall correclty @Polkasound mentioned using the ignore thread feature quite often to declutter the forum, and I bet a few others would be affected too.

Sorry, but I can't replicate the error. Could you try to clear your cache, loging out will occur, then log back in and see if it fixes anything?

- are you on mobile or desktop?
- which browser?

Thanks!

Top Bottom