What's new

Forum changeover this Sunday - Forum will be down for a few hours

Mike Greene

We need to do a switch to Xenforo 2.1. The forum is currently running on Xenforo 1.5, which is pretty old now. The current template (visual layout) won't work with Xenforo 2, so the new look will be significantly different. Better IMO, but we all know how that goes. :grin:

The changeover will happen this Sunday (July 14, 2019) at around 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (or noon East Coast time, or 5:00 in the afternoon British time) and the site will be down for about three hours. We hope!

We've done a lot of testing, but there will undoubtedly still be various snags, things missing, or other problems, so please bear with us.

The current template (visual layout) won't work with Xenforo 2, so the new look will be significantly different. Better IMO, but we all know how that goes. :grin:

https://www.amazon.com/True-Temper-10-Tine-Ensilage-Fork/dp/B00004S1RF (This) is the highest-rated pitchfork on Amazon right now -- everyone get ready!

In all seriousness, I can't wait to see VI-C's new look. Whatever is best for the forum, Mike. :)

I'm still smarting over the animated emojis we lost in the last changeover. At least we got the pink elephant :elephant: and got this laughing guy :rofl:.

But what's up with the Pulp Fiction duck? :scout:

Edit: I shouldn't complain, though. Now we have a pager :emoji_pager: and a rolodex :emoji_card_index:.
We'd better not lose the pager and rolodex emojis or somebody's going home in one of these. :emoji_coffin:

Last edited:
This smells of NWO mind control... 9:00, 12:00, 5:00, July 14, 2019... these are all big-time occult numbers... and I won't even go into 2.1... how much more obvious can this be? But as long as there's some big sales that day, I'll keep my mouth shut.

This smells of NWO mind control... 9:00, 12:00, 5:00, July 14, 2019... these are all big-time occult numbers... and I won't even go into 2.1... how much more obvious can this be? But as long as there's some big sales that day, I'll keep my mouth shut.

I always had a feeling that Mike was one of the lizard people. Damn, he's been brainwashing me for most of my life. I used to watch Bill Nye as a kid. Now I'm a member here. Coincidence?

:faint: Three hours offline? That means I'll be able to go three hours without spending any money on special offers, libraries and effects!!!:dancer:

... and we're back. 3 hours indeed!

So, this is the new theme, huh. A couple little niggles to work out, it seems? (Edit: better with a forced browser reload.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom