What's new

Forget mic lockers...what's in your drink locker

OP
B

bill5

? I don't see anything unsophisticated about it, but personally doesn't appeal; again not really into the "flavored" beers. Plus I don't like s'mores anyway.

OP
B

bill5

After a long haitus, I just opted for Yuengling's "Black and Tan" (a porter). It's not great but it's not bad, and at half the price of the microbrews I usually buy, I figured wth. I don't myself getting back into it a lot, but I can see buying it again. Plus for some reason most stores here sell precious few stouts and porters.

BassClef

Irish Whiskey, don't like peat so much.
I started with Irish whiskey (many a dram of Jameson has passed my lips) and still enjoy it occasionally... especially Redbreast. When I moved to Texas a few years ago, I found that our neighborhood had a monthly scotch (and other) tasting club. Everyone brings a bottle to share along with some snacks. Most guys bring scotch or bourbon. That's when I developed a taste for single malt scotch and now prefer it over the Irish. I hated peat at first and now really like it! About half of my regular varieties contain peat.

SyMTiK

Christopher B.
Sucker for a good craft beer (I prefer hazy IPA's in particular), I live about an hour from Treehouse Brewery so every once in a while me and the roommates will pitch in and get a case or two. Being broke 20 somethings though, not something we do too often hahaha the typical beer we keep in our fridge is the Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing, good bang for your buck in my opinion!

Also love a bottle of red wine every once in a while. Typically go for the Josh Cellars Cab as my reliable choice

For non alcoholic drinks, best purchase I ever made was a Breville Barista Express. I would waste so much money going out for coffee all the time, figured I should pull the trigger and get myself a machine. Expensive up front, but has saved me a huge amount of money on coffee, and it's pretty fun getting to fine tune my coffee just how I like it

OP
B

bill5

Sucker for a good craft beer (I prefer hazy IPA's in particular), I live about an hour from Treehouse Brewery so every once in a while me and the roommates will pitch in and get a case or two. Being broke 20 somethings though, not something we do too often hahaha the typical beer we keep in our fridge is the Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing, good bang for your buck in my opinion!
I think even regular Sierra Nevada (pale ale) is a good bang/buck. And it has just a little hoppyishness.

Top Bottom