What's new

Fluid Shorts II - Aggressive Chamber String Shorts with Repetitions

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
FS I has three dynamic layers, FS II has only one: Loud.

Also, FS I has three timings: normal, tight, ultra-tight. I believe these reflect how rigidly they hit on the beat versus preserving the bowing sound that happens slightly before (hence the slight delay).

FS II has a close mic that's noticebly dryer, and a slightly higher player count on the low end. Also, there's some natural clicking/crackling sounds captured in the performance if you listen closely, and I haven't noticed that in FS I.
Many Thanks ! Makes sense now to also add FS I at next promo offer.:thumbsup:

axb312

It’s a new product, not an upgrade. As such, the path for those wanting it is likely to get it now while it’s on sale.
A new product with a similar concept, use case and name as a previous product? I'd call that an upgrade.

Anyhow, here's hoping Mr. Blunk replies.

DarkestShadow

I actually think one aggressive dynamic layer is not quite as limiting as it seems. I find that in the loudest dynamics the "performance issues" of short samples become especially apparent. The disconnection between notes.
So I could see other libraries & Fluid Shorts 1 doing the quiter stuff and then FS 2 kicking in and doing the tougher loud stuff.
I find most spiccatos in most library sound pretty OK at lower dynamics no matter what you play so FS 2 covering the rest seems like a pretty cool deal to me. It's also just under 59$ at intro price, so I'll be checking my finances. :P

jaketanner

Yes...one layer=Loud is not for everyone. I have Fluid Shorts I...3 layers, gonna stick with that one. Gonna spend the money on the Con Moto Violas instead.

Yury Tikhomirov

Bought those “Angry Shorts”. Sound nothing like FS1. Must be great for “that ostinatos”, haven’t compared with other favorites in that department, but they must be a winner (at least they seems to blend nice already with some other shorts I have tried). Dry mics are really awesome and the lack of machine-gun effect makes all the difference for me.

Land of Missing Parts

flibbertigibbet
Dear axb312 -

I'm doing some research on cross-grade/loyalty functionality (at least some variation on this... might not be a 'perfect' solution ultimately) in my cart/download system. However, for Fluid Shorts II, there is no discount for owners of the original Fluid Shorts.

Best,
Jasper
I like the idea of being told that there's multiple speeds, but what are the speeds and how can I know when I'm hearing one in the examples? Which of the four speeds is closest to the one speed in FSI?

What types of passages could you pull off with FSII that you couldn't otherwise?

Last edited:

GingerMaestro

I just bought these for a project I'm working on. They sound really nice, but as one previous viewer mentioned there is a lot of "Rice Krispie" crackle when the samples are released. This surely must be some kind of an error, when you have all 4 instruments going, this is very noticeable. I also don't quite understand the sample ofset function. I can't see why you would ever want a spiccato sample to sound late, especially on a fast repetition library ? Perhaps someone might be able to enlighten me. Otherwise sound really great, looking forward to programming this morning now !

Last edited:

jaketanner

I just bought these for a project I'm working on. They sound really nice, but as one previous viewer mentioned there is a lot of "Rice Krispie" crackle when the samples are released. This surely must be some kind of an error, when you have all 4 instruments going, this is very noticeable. I also don't quite understand the sample ofset function. I can't see why you would ever want a spiccato sample to sound late, especially on a fast repetition library ? Perhaps someone might be able to enlighten me. Otherwise sound really great, looking forward to programming this morning now !
I have Fluid Shorts 1...Not going to bother with this new release, as I don't need majorly loud shorts...Shorts 1 also can get loud. And I am not sure what the purpose of the measured shorts would be...I mean I can do slow or fast with Fluid Shorts 1, and I have 3 dynamic layers as well...Also not noisy at all from what I recall.

GingerMaestro

P.S. How does anyone deal with recording with a library with a 100ms delay ? Do You play in the passages with a different sound (with no delay) and then replace with the patch you actually want to use and introduce a -100ms delay in the DAW (Logic in my case) This seems to work, I’ve never done this before, so just wondering if anyone has any tips ? It’s tricky to play fast passages in to a click when there is such a delay !

AndyP

Do You play in the passages with a different sound (with no delay) and then replace with the patch you actually want to use and introduce a -100ms delay
Thats how I use Performance Samples. I am unfortunately not so good that I can compensate 80 or 100 or 140 ms live.

Top Bottom