What's new

Fluffy Audio 30% Sales until August 15th (ALL LIBRARIES)

That's pretty amazing actually, so soon after release. If anyone's interested in my thoughts on the choir in the BIG SALE then the Samplecast review might help you HERE. I've also reviewed their Simple Violin HERE. Basically, they're both recommended with some caveats.

NB - I dunno what happened to my mic on the Dominus Choir review. I must've been using a backup one as my voiceover sounds pretty boxy. Also, some of the choir interface niggles I mention in the review have since been fixed by Fluffy Audio in a recent update. Good job guys.

Last edited:
For anybody who picks up Dominus, just a couple quick starter hints that will make it play "naturally" at the beginning by temporarily disabling BPM related features, which can be quite confusing initially...

1. Set "Word Quantize" to "OFF"
2. Move the "Release/Legato" slider almost all the way to the left

And keep in mind it's a BPM centered instrument, so that as you start to work with Word Quantize and Release/Legato the effects will vary a lot according to your DAW BPM setting which affects the rate of word playback and the speed of the wonderful legato transitions. About 120 is a good starting point.

After getting that stuff figured out, I found it very easy to use and I could pretty much match the sound of the demos after a couple hours.

FWIW in addition the obvious medieval/Gregorian thing, Dominus can do a fabulous Russian Orthodox sound.

Thanks reutunes and bigcat1969 for your reviews. Bigcat your Dominus write ups on Legato etc is must-read material for new Dominus users.

Rinascimento is so tempting at that price! Or any price, actually. I'm not sure how badly I need it in practical terms, but who could not love Crumhorns and Hurdys? The unique, rich sounds of those instruments and could easily work in many modern contexts as well as historic ones.

Anybody have input on Trio Broz? It's the dark horse in the field of solo strings, maybe it's a hidden gem.

Anybody have input on Trio Broz? It's the dark horse in the field of solo strings, maybe it's a hidden gem.

Yeah, I keep wavering on whether to go for Trio Broz Cello. I want a dedicated cello (I don't have any right now, beyond Kontakt factory library and some other rompler patches) and it seems reasonable at $79. I've read the various cello threads here at VI Control, but don't think I need something as fully featured or expensive as Virharmonic or Chris Hein - I want something relatively cheap and easy to play (as befits my skill level). Really, I'm just trying to pick between this and the Guo Legato.

But back on theme, I have and very much like Rinascimento (bought on a previous sale), so I'm thinking the Trio Broz is a good option for me.

Tri Broz sounds very good (you even have a slider for the sound of the bow, which adds some interesting grain). The woodwinds bundle is also great. I'm a big fan of Fluffy's well-thought GUI .

Overall, those libraries sound very warm. The difference with other products would be more in the choice of articulations. Fluffy covers the basics, but does it really well.

I have Trio Broz, and never did get past the fact that you can't play the longs polyphonically, and have since gotten solo strings I like better. They do have an appealing, warm tone and I think the cello is the best of the set. They're okay.

I am sorely tempted to get the solo winds during this sale.

I am sorely tempted to get the solo winds during this sale.

They pretty much share the same philosophy as the Trio Broz. The sound is on the warm and intimate side. Nothing harsh sounding here. To me, they will probably shine more with small ensembles, and will serve no special purpose in "epic" pieces.

Last edited:
Reuben, re. “recent update” for Dominus, I purchased Dominus when it was first released, but never received notice of an update. Also see no link to one on the Fluffy Audio web site. Where can one obtain that update?

Where can one obtain that update?

You should have an email from Fluffy that has download links with codes specific to your purchase. In my case there are 11 links, one of them (Dominus Choir Patch.rar) is for the engine the others are for the samples.

I *think* you can simply download the "Patch" link to replace the Kontakt engine's .nkr, .nki, and .nkc files. It's only a few megabytes, versus gigabytes each for the sample downloads. I *assume* the samples can be left as is. Obviously back up anything that is to be replaced! I recall the page brought up through the links mentioned something about a "limited number of download attempts" but then suggests sending an email in the event of difficulty.

The file dates on my .nki and .nkr files are September 25, 2017 and September 30, 2017. I have no complaints with them.

The sample dates are September 10, 2017. Very interesting to look at the sample note file names, gives some insight into the engine paradigm.

I just got 'Simple Flute' and 'My Log Drum' for 30% off!

But seriously, I might have to grab 'Rinascimento'. I've been eyeing that one for a while, now.

Hello Guys!
I was quite overwhelmed this weekend, but the short answer is: no, we did an update on the version that I gave to Reuben for his review (he received a copy before the release of the library). I fixed some of the problems in the library. But the "move the modwheel" before playing bug it's apparently still there. It seems quite a stupid bug, and it has a quite simple solution (move the modwheel after loading the patch and you'll be fine. Also save the patch and it should be gone forever), but somehow it reappears on some users. I'll investigate more to find a solution (or a hard fix, to avoid this problem AT ALL).

So, compared with the release I gave to Reuben we have fixed some things, but I promise that later this year we'll have a more substantial update of Dominus, hopefully with more content and so on. There's another session planned too, this September (we are open for requests :)

I *think* you can simply download the "Patch" link to replace the Kontakt engine's .nkr, .nki, and .nkc files.
Nope, tried that before posting, but the links are no linger valid after all this time. But thanks for the suggestion.

Paolo, thanks for the information and for clearing up any confusion today. Looking forward to to the update when it's ready. Cheers!

Paolo, it's encouraging see such attention to your product. Dominus is a work of fine art and brilliant engineering. When I give demos, people often say "Ooh, that gives me goosebumps!" That's a good thing, BTW.

I've seen the modwheel issue on many VST instruments, with similar issues on other active CCs. It's certainly not a problem for me.

@Paolo, thank for the update. The more I use Dominus, the more I appreciate the flexibility of the word builder and ability to assign duration to the phrases. The sound of the Choir is really unrivaled.

Has anyone ever tried Scoring Piano? Is it worth buying?
I've had Fluffy Audio's Scoring Piano (Hamburg Steinway B - 6'11") for just on 18 months. Fantastic sampled piano. Very warm, natural & resonant, and the 3 mic perspectives really give a different flavour to the tone. Plenty of dynamics too. Although the sampling seems more focussed on the pp/p/mp range (which many other sampled pianos don't do well) it can still 'bite' when needed. Highly recommended as both a playing & recording sampled piano. Oh, and the developer Paolo is one of the nicest guys in the business too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom