What's new

FlexRouter: Flexible keyswitch router for Kontakt 5 - version 2.2.3 released

I still don't quite understand what you mean by this. I mean, I think I know what you mean, but there's no such message to send. This isn't part of the MIDI protocol. MIDI channel is a property of each event (well, non-system messages anyway), rather than a distinct message. So maybe you mean something else than what I'm understanding?
Yeah it's just a feature of S1's Sound Variations (not at first, but was added due to massive demand), to be able to send MIDI over different channels (16 per VSTi), in order to achieve similar results to what FlexRouter does.

Sadly, it still doesn't allow transmitting over multiple channels at once, a year or so later, which essentially cripples the feature for my layering needs and ended up leading me to FlexRouter.

The way to get it to stop is to send a different FR-configured keyswitch that changes the routing arrangement.
Yes I thought as much, and tested by making a 'dummy' keyswitch on CC58:2 - but somehow couldn't get it to work...

However I Just tested it again and just copied the exact Activation Sequence of the Legato Keyswitch verbatim (CH1 | C 0) into a FR KS-and it works- but I had to input the correct source channel manually.

The only downer there is that I will have to do it for all 40-60 of my articulations per instrument, and while the learn function should make quick work of that, I'll have to go through for literally thousands of KS and input the correct channel (I fill up 1-16 on most of my Kontakt section multis).

Good to know that I can at least get it working, though!

Does 'Learn++' detect input channel as well as notes?

Thanks for the help btw :thumbsup:

Sorry, I've almost got this nailed down but I'm still hung up at the last issue:

In order to add a list of an instrument's articulations as FR KS as you mentioned here,

The way to get it to stop is to send a different FR-configured keyswitch that changes the routing arrangement.
I'm having to not only go through and 'learn' every KS, but also manually configure the Source and Target channels for each keyswitch to allow simple passthrough.

Thing is, every Target CH. is identical to the Source CH., and the Learn feature doesn't seem to detect channel input, so I'm going to have to go through and do this manually for every articulation/instrument combo in my arsenal when I make a FR KS.

Is there some kind of option to make the default target 'same as source'?
Because having to do this manually for thousands of KS (eventually) is going to be a huge time-sink.

I actually can't believe this issue hasn't come up with other users before, since it's not really so much a bug as it is an interaction with the most common use-case involving automated articulation switching.

At this point I'm still looking at my 'reset button' band-aid as the most efficient solution.

Any other suggestions to make this a more streamlined process?

Thanks again,
TD

Super frustrating but maybe I'm doing something wrong-- I cloned a rule and then went through and changed the "source" and "target" routing for all the keyswitches. Went back to the rule it had been cloned from and ALL those keyswitch routings had changed as well to the revisions I made on the clone!

Flexrouter 2.2.3
Kontakt 7.3

@tack Not a Reaticulate question, but a Flex Router question. What is the LEARN++ tab for? I can't find any documentation on it.
You could ask here on the FlexRouter thread :)

Unfortunately FlexRouter might be one of my worst documented projects, by which I mean not documented at all. :/

When a keyswitch has a redirect action, Learn++ auto-increments the note number, CC value, or program change number of the redirect action, depending on the redirect type. Otherwise, with the standard Learn button, the redirect action is cloned without change.

You could ask here on the FlexRouter thread :)

Unfortunately FlexRouter might be one of my worst documented projects, by which I mean not documented at all. :/

When a keyswitch has a redirect action, Learn++ auto-increments the note number, CC value, or program change number of the redirect action, depending on the redirect type. Otherwise, with the standard Learn button, the redirect action is cloned without change.
Thanks!

@tack Hey there, hope all's well with you!

Just a couple of quick questions:

1. I've been using the same version of FR for about a year now, is there some update for K7 I should be using or am I good still?
  2. Do you have an 'instrument' version of the FR script? I am trying to create a Kontakt multi from several instruments which has a lot of overlapping notes from one instrument to another, and I could potentially make use of an instrument script, although it can truthfully probably all be done with the multiscript.
Thanks again for spotting the need for and realizing this tool; it was the only way I could make a great many articulations 'possible' within Kontakt.

Top Bottom