What's new

Finally built myself a website!

I warned the british government this would happen.... who can stop him now? ;)

Seriously, it looks good on an ipad but there is no text, just your pic, name, and link icons.

What you really want is called a responsive website, changes size and scale depending on the viewers screen size, and you design into it what will resize and what will drop out. It's actually not that hard to set up on wordpress or other website apps (you may need a plugin app). Here is an article on responsive website basics.
https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/design-and-ux/responsive/
If you are working on a web-based platform, many have responsive templetes to get you started, or you can search for a wordpress plugin that has designs you like that are responsive. But in the long run it's much easier to deal with than trying to come up with a compromise that will never work on everything and will give you more issues than a responsive site. :)

I warned the british government this would happen.... who can stop him now? ;)

Seriously, it looks good on an ipad but there is no text, just your pic, name, and link icons.

What you really want is called a responsive website, changes size and scale depending on the viewers screen size, and you design into it what will resize and what will drop out. It's actually not that hard to set up on wordpress or other website apps (you may need a plugin app). Here is an article on responsive website basics.
https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/design-and-ux/responsive/
If you are working on a web-based platform, many have responsive templetes to get you started, or you can search for a wordpress plugin that has designs you like that are responsive. But in the long run it's much easier to deal with than trying to come up with a compromise that will never work on everything and will give you more issues than a responsive site. :)

Ah man, those extra 2 points have just messed everything. Life is in ruins now haha!

I’ll have a rethink. Why do we need words anyway!

I've just checked on my iPad and text is there. Wonder what is causing this? And thanks for the advice. I shall look into it.

It's just the fact that the lines are rather close together.
Or at least split split the block of text on the 'music' page into 2 or 3 paragraphs.

Well... I hope you're happy with yourself. I have adjusted line spacing AND split my prolific Music text into two paragraphs.

I've just checked on my iPad and text is there. Wonder what is causing this? And thanks for the advice. I shall look into it.
Now it looks great! Perhaps it was on my end or you tweaked? Congrats, looks slick and modern. Now it's time to add a few soundcloud (or other streamer) clips that show off your strengths. I KNOW you have a multitude of resources for music if you don't already have top examples uploaded. ;)

Edit: Ha! You beat me to it. Some great stuff, congrats. If it's working on most platforms, I wouldn't change a thing- just check it with as many browsers as you can (mac and pc if possible). Cheers!

Last edited:
jono/luke/bono in action.

I know. Life is just so confusing these days isn't it. I originally went for https://www.lukejohnson.com (www.lukejohnson.com) but some disgusting imposter has stolen my identity. Low and behold, I had to go with the only available option.

Congratulations on getting a site up! For me though the background images are far too busy and prominent which makes the text difficult to read - particularly the menus. I found reading harder on handheld devices because of this. A fix for this is to overlay the background image with a coloured wash, which reduces the contrast and "pop" of the images. Or place all text, including the menu, against an opaque background

Also I think the Credit page format should be the same as the others - again makes it easier on the user

Top Bottom