What's new

Final Fantasy Tactics - Trisection

Neifion

Greetings,

This is my interpretation of Trisection, one of the battle themes from the classic RPG Final Fantasy Tactics. Still obviously in the orchestral genre, but playing around with some different instrumentation, movement, reharmonization and the like. Also testing out an “adventure” template.

My version:

Original:

Feedback appreciated, and thank you for listening!

one of my favourite music from FF Tactics. Really miss this kind of old school game soundtrack even though the instruments were midi sounding back then. Hard to find this kind of music in today's modern game music. Modern game music just sounds different, i'll say.

Adventure template. So i'm guessing Adventure Strings and Brass?

one of my favourite music from FF Tactics. Really miss this kind of old school game soundtrack even though the instruments were midi sounding back then. Hard to find this kind of music in today's modern game music. Modern game music just sounds different, i'll say.

Adventure template. So i'm guessing Adventure Strings and Brass?

Hey constaneum, thanks for listening. Yes indeed, the backbone of this template is AS and AB with Spitfire sprinkled in. And I agree, game music isn’t the same anymore. Although there are some amazing Japanese game scores of the lyrical variety coming out lately: Dragon’s Crown and Octopath Traveler to name a few.

even though they sound nice but those old school games still are one of the best sounding game soundtracks.

actually, i've been curious with what's the reverb they've been using in the old days, like the one in FF tactics.

Top Bottom