Fiddle! from BOLDER Sounds

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Bolder, Sep 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jerrydf

jerrydf Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Follow up - Dennis at Bolder (in Boulder) has gone above and beyond expected call of duty to provide support. The solution is great and the instrument is first class, and great support. Great work!!

Quasar and SoNowWhat? like this.
  2. chimuelo

chimuelo Star Of Stage & Screen

May 14, 2007
    Between 120-150bpm
    This is good enough to run 2 instances and have 2 different PBend amounts.
    I do this with CHein Solo Violin and Leap Motion to pull off Jean Luc Ponty solos.

This Fiddle can easily do that but even go further doing Zydeco and Cajun Fiddling.
    It’s tone is captured perfectly.

Think I’ll be getting this.
    Always liked Bolders instrument choices and quality.

Sweet

3. OP
    OP
    Bolder

Bolder Bolder Sounds

Jul 15, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Thanks Jerry ... I'm happy to help. I have always tried to treat my customers like I would a friend. Many people over the years have told me "that's no way to run a business" - I disagree.

Dennis @ Bolder

SoNowWhat? likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Bolder

Bolder Bolder Sounds

Jul 15, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Bo Clausen and I are currently working on version 2 of the fiddle! library . It will have additional samples featuring numerous ornaments as well as a set of Slow-Bow sustain samples.

Will there be a charge for the V2 update? That has yet to be determined. But one thing I can say - it will either be free for current fiddle! owners, or a very minimal upgrade cost.

Shooting for early December 2018.

Thank you!
    Dennis @ Bolder

5. jerrydf

jerrydf Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Great news. This is already a great instrument.

6. Tim_Wells

Tim_Wells Tim Wells

Oct 22, 2018
    Great walk-through video! Wish all vendors would provide such a detailed look at their products. Very interested in this and will probably be picking up at some time.

7. OP
    OP
    Bolder

Bolder Bolder Sounds

Jul 15, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    A preview of our fiddle! V2 update -
    Fiddle V2 KS orn.jpg
    Loads of new ornaments -
    Fiddle V2 KS 1.jpg
    A new set of Slow Bow samples as well as harmonics.
    Fiddle V2 front.jpg
    In fiddle! V2 our fiddler has revealed herself - award winning fiddle player Katie Glassman. http://katieglassman.com/

We are also working on a special fiddle chop .nki which will combine pitched notes with percussive chops in fiddle! V2 as well.

Dennis @ Bolder

8. jerrydf

jerrydf Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Looking forward to this one ...

9. Lode_Runner

Lode_Runner Senior Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Also looking forward to it. Will it be a paid upgrade? If so, what will be the upgrade price?

10. fiestared

fiestared Senior Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Hi Dennis, if I buy "fiddle" say, today, will I get the free update for the version 2 ? Thanks and congrats for the very good job.

Tim_Wells likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    Bolder

Bolder Bolder Sounds

Jul 15, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Yes - if you buy it today you will get the update to version 2 of fiddle! for free. Current owners of fiddle! will also be able to update to version 2 at no charge. :)

Dennis @ Bolder

GtrString, Mikro93, fiestared and 4 others like this.
  12. dflood

dflood Senior Member

Jun 14, 2017
    You drive a hard bargain Dennis! Looking forward to the update.

13. CGR

CGR Pianist/Composer/Arranger

Jan 14, 2016
    Australia
    Slightly off topic but after looking at the Fiddle on the website I checked out the Bolder Sounds Guitarron and watched the walkthrough. Wow - really impressed with both the sound and programming. This one has flown under the radar!

14. OP
    OP
    Bolder

Bolder Bolder Sounds

Jul 15, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Thanks for the mention of the Guitarron library. It is one of my favorite sample libraries as well as one of my favorite instruments. A customer once told me it was boring and it was the tofu of the bass world. I told him to play it in octaves ... he tried and said "wow - I never thought I'd play a bass instrument in octaves, I thought it would get the mix too muddy." For some reason it does not muck things up.

That is how Mariachi players always play the Guitarron. Listen to Jackson Browne's "Linda Paloma" from the Pretender album. Talk about a lush, gorgeous, subtle and fat bass part!

Wally Garten, LamaRose and CGR like this.
  15. CGR

CGR Pianist/Composer/Arranger

Jan 14, 2016
    Australia
    I never realised how widely the Guitarron has been used in pop music. Your 'Linda Paloma' bass sound description is spot on. The Guitarron has a unique character of tone & presence which sits so well with other instruments. Really happy to have found this!

16. Quasar

Quasar Senior Member

Jun 26, 2012
    This is just plain cool. Before I bought the Bolder Sounds fiddle!, I thought about another dev's fiddle, and also thought about waiting for another yet to be released fiddle, and now I'm doubly glad I made the decision I did.

Thank you.

17. GtrString

GtrString Senior Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Denmark
    Looking to pick up the fiddle but uncertain about the timing version 2 and all. Will the introductory price be back for christmas.. at a sale?

18. OP
    OP
    Bolder

Bolder Bolder Sounds

Jul 15, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    It will not be cheaper than it is now (at least in the near future), and on the release date (December 15th) it will go up $10 in price. So, I would suggest getting it before the 15th.

Will there be a Christmas sale or not? Only Santa knows.

Dennis @ Bolder

19. OP
    OP
    Bolder

Bolder Bolder Sounds

Jul 15, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Here is a demo I worked on this afternoon using fiddle! V2 - "The Kiss" by Trevor Jones and Randy Edelman from The Last Of The Mohicans.

Featuring rolls, waterfalls, hammers, mordents and flick ornaments.

Dennis @ Bolder

20. dflood

dflood Senior Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Can’t wait to try these out. These embellishments make all the difference for a traditional feel, particularly for Celtic tunes. Sounding really great Dennis!