What's new

Felt Instruments: LEKKO - a character piano + tape-based sound design

The file extension is weird:

Lekko.zip.001, 002... 008

I tried to rename it like this: Lekko.001.zip etc.

didn't help.

didn't help.
I had the same issue but on a Mac. A page back there is a link to an extractor. I downloaded it worked great. No need to rename files. They are RARs, not zips.

didn't help.
Try to use Hjsplit, it should work fine.

Hi guys! I'm super happy to announce that starting from tomorrow, Lekko and Wolno will be available to download via the Pulse app. This will hopefully simplify the downloading and extraction process. There are also some updates coming to the shopping system so that it will be faster and easier to use.

Everybody who purchased the library will receive a personal download code tomorrow. Lekko downloads go first, Wolno will follow later on the same day.

Cheers!

Just a quick update - all downloads of Lekko and Wolno go through the Pulse app now. This basically means very fast downloads and hassle-free installation process. Thanks a lot to @pulsedownloader for their support!

I've just finished sending the download codes to everyone who purchased Lekko. If you didn't get the email, please, check your spam folder and if it's not there, just get in touch at [email protected]

The e-mail also includes a link to patches with the pedal noise volume lowered. These come as default now with every copy of Lekko downloaded via Pulse.

Pulse links for Wolno will be out today as well.

Last edited:
I was a little disappointed there's no velocity layers.

But I LOVE the idea of this instrument. If you decide to do a deeply sampled version of this type of piano in the future, I would pay of a lot of $$$ for it.

I was a little disappointed there's no velocity layers.

But I LOVE the idea of this instrument. If you decide to do a deeply sampled version of this type of piano in the future, I would pay of a lot of $$$ for it.

In order to record more velocities, I'd have to remove the cotton that's between the hammers and strings. And that really adds to the tone of this instrument!

The timbral change that would happen with more velocities is simulated by some clever processing outside of Kontakt but I agree it's subtle and no substitute for the real thing. But for me, it was either the tone or the velocities and I went for tone :)

Last edited:
If you want to know more about the process, the manual is a nice place to start as I wrote it more like a journal to document the making of the library and the thought behind it. You can find it about half-way here: https://feltinstruments.com/Lekko (under Download the manual button)

Top Bottom