Favorite Reaktor User Library?

BrandonYLau

Hi all!

I've been doing (musical) sound design for a while now, but I'm just getting started with using the Reaktor User Libraries. There seems to be a million of them, so I just wanted to ask around for favorites/other interesting and useful units.

If it changes anything, I'm using Zebra, Razor, Massive, Form, Mangle, Iris, and Monark for my sounds right now.

Thanks in advance!

greggybud

A good start for interesting sound scapes/noises would be,
I'll add Ice Pad. A great tool for FM drone coldness...shrill...harsh..etc.

Based on what the OP wrote, I would just explore the library based on most popular, best ratings, and after a while you get to know your favorite ensemble builders such as Chet Singer, Program Child, Rick Scott, etc.

I tend to refer to Reaktor for the 1-trick ponies that do a certain thing very well. These are all tools. I tend to avoid the synth emulations, however I still use the Solina and I have Arturias version.

You can get lost and distracted with Reaktor very quickly so be cautious if your objective is to finish a track on a deadline. You can also be totally inspired by a sound or loop, so IMO it's really a 2 edged sword.

OP
BrandonYLau

BrandonYLau

I'll add Ice Pad. A great tool for FM drone coldness...shrill...harsh..etc.

Based on what the OP wrote, I would just explore the library based on most popular, best ratings, and after a while you get to know your favorite ensemble builders such as Chet Singer, Program Child, Rick Scott, etc.

I tend to refer to Reaktor for the 1-trick ponies that do a certain thing very well. These are all tools. I tend to avoid the synth emulations, however I still use the Solina and I have Arturias version.

You can get lost and distracted with Reaktor very quickly so be cautious if your objective is to finish a track on a deadline. You can also be totally inspired by a sound or loop, so IMO it's really a 2 edged sword.
Thanks so much for this! Exactly what I was looking for, I'll check that one out.

robgb

I was young once
Chet Singer's free Woodwind libraries. The flute and clarinet are pretty amazing.