Favorite Music YouTube Channels?

Discussion in 'OFF-TOPICS - General Musings' started by Andrew0568, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Andrew0568

Andrew0568 New Member

Dec 1, 2018
    What are some of your favorites? I just came across Ashton Gleckman's channel and the amount work he puts into his videos for free is amazing!

2. fretti

fretti Senior Member

• Ashton Gleckman really has a great channel, love his score analysis and really like his music too
    • Daniel James has a great Youtube/Twitch Channel, has great looks at libraries and really entertaining live streams (which often/always) are uploaded to his YT channel also. Also really like his music
    • Junkie XL (Tom Holkenborg) has also a really awesome YT channel where he goes in depth into his scores, Cubase Template, shows synths and drum computers, talks about different topic etc.
    • Mike Verta has a YT channel with lots of long videos and interesting topics (haven't seen too much of those though as I'm only now started to watch his Masterclasses)
    • Christian Henson and Spitfire Audio are some of my favorites too; just started watching their "Inside the Score" "Documentary" (if you want to call it that); also love the cribs series and CHs insight on his work, Spitfires Products and how he uses it etc.
    • Jason Graves and Blakus are also channels with great videos, though they don't post as frequent, but what they show in those videos is awesome input and really informative
    Probably my most favorite channels atm

3. Mike Fox

Mike Fox Senior Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Jason Graves, for sure!!! Plus his music is unreal. Dead Space anyone?

4. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Some of my favorites mentioned already (Christian Henson, Mike Verta, Rick Beato, Daniel James and Ashton Gleckman in particular - all great stuff), but you didn't mention what aspect of music you were looking for YouTube videos on. I use YT a lot for learning about music, so in addition to those already listed, hope these are helpful, in no particular order:

General Music Production/Orchestration/Composing

Alex Moukala
    Guy Rowland
    ASDR Music Production
    Paul Thomson (Spitfire)
    Modern Film Composer
    iamamusicmogul
    Produce Like a Pro
    Ashraf El-Zifari
    Yuri Wong
    Andrew Chellman
    MacProVideo
    Epikus Composer
    Evanant
    ThinkSpace
    David Das
    Music Production Tutorials
    Dirk Ehlert

Piano Lessons:
    Bill Hilton
    Piano Lessons on the Web
    Mangold Project

Guitar Lessons
    David Walliman
    Paul Davids

Bass Guitar Lessons
    Talking Bass

Cello
    ThatCelloGuy (not instructional, just covers, but wow, can this guy play!)

Accessible Music Theory:
    Signals Music Studio (guitar-based, but general applicability)
    Jazz Duets
    HackMusicTheory
    JeffSchneider

Logic
    MusicTechHelpGuy* (exceptionally good/detailed/explained)
    iamamusicmogul

Gear Review:
    GearSlutz
    Sounds and Gear

Sample Library Reviews
    The SampleCast
    Sample Library Review
    Cory Pelizzari
    Hifimidi (guitar VSTs)
    Time and Space

kessel, tav.one, Alex Niedt and 10 others like this.
  5. synergy543

synergy543 Senior Member

Dec 11, 2004
    The Internets
    Garry and Alexandre like this.
  6. ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic Senior Member

In addition to all those wonderful channels above, I have to say that Cinesamples has some of the best live composition tutorials out there, along with some new mixing ones. In addition, ProjectSam has some really helpful Logic orchestral composing videos.

Mike Fox likes this.
  7. rlw

rlw Rod Wilson

Aug 31, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    Last Thanksgiving when I was in Indiana, I went by to meet with Ashton and see his studio. He is still only 17 or 18 now. I am so impressed by this young man, he is truly gifted. We will definitely see much more from his talent.

jonathanparham likes this.
  8. Alexandre

Alexandre Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Paris
    This is really helpful! Thank you for doing that!!

Garry likes this.
  9. HotCoffee

HotCoffee New Member

Feb 12, 2019
    Sweden
    Yep, Ashton Gleckman and Daniel James are my two goto's since late. Although I do wish that DJ would not curse as much in some of his videos. Both are very talented and well worth looking into.

Ashton often provides both a Cubase project file and a MIDI file of his excellent Behind The Score projects, which is a real gift for people like me, trying to learn. (Thank you, Ashton!)

Alexandre likes this.