What's new

Favorite Beatles song?

xguitaristx

Never trust the living
To many people, the Beatles were the greatest band to ever walk the face of the earth, and with good reason! The Beatles influenced pop and experimental music in ways that were so impactful, we still see their effect today. With that being said, what's your favorite Beatles song? Can you pick just one? I don't think I can!

Long, Long, Long. It makes me feel so elated, yet melancholic, everytime I hear it. And, it is perfectly short, always leaving me wanting more.

I've heard them so many times, over a span of 55 years, that I've lost all perspective on them. In their own time, they were so superior in every way to other pop music of the time that it was 'no contest.' Then over the decades, they get compared to newer styles made with advancing technology, and they still stand up, but in a totally different context.

Some make me happy, some melancholy, some contemplative, and some just make you want to move. For me, there are far too many excellent pieces in their own right to pick just one. Can't do it.

Because from Abbey Road. Love the original but this remake is equally awe-inspiring:

An incredible attention to detail, down to the colors each Beatle wore on the album cover. John in white singing the melody, George in blue singing the low part and Paul in a suit singing the high part. Here's the harmony breakdown:

Happy 2019 everyone!

Last edited:
I can't pick just one song, so I'll pick an album. And I can't pick just one album so I'll pick three.

Sgt Pepper, Revolver, Abbey Road, Rubber Soul.

I guess that's actually four albums.

Saying ‘Long and Winding Road’, bcs nobody else will say it, and its like a great song forgotten not receiving the cherish it should. Blackbird as no 2 for same reason.

Both are McCartney, the guy was on a roll those years.

Live and Let die is McCartney also, so he flipped out great stuff later too, and just look at that. How he changes melody and rhythm and whatnot. Modern ppl cant do that anymore - maybe outside west.

Do we know how many songs they have written ?

Whatever number may be given theres (at least) one post Beatles song and its a damn great song bcs McCartney did a bridge to the old Lennon theme tape. All remastered.

“Free as a bird”

Also not getting enough of the love and care it should

Top Bottom