What's new

Falcon is worth buying

Maybe Phaseplant comes close (btw: have you completely switched to French now?) but Falcon has a lot to offer in terms of synthesis and the modular way you get to shape your own architecture, LUA scripting and of course the excellent multi-sampling options, when compared to Omnisphere and Serum.

So I’d argue Falcon is worth getting.

Last edited:
Merci pour votre réponse.

Je ne comprends pas votre réflexion sur le français.

There are many synthesizers that feature sample playback. Omnisphere is a great one. And there are samplers with some synthesis capabilities. But I'm not aware of anything that is both a full-fledged synth and a full-fledged sampler in quite the way Falcon is. If there are others, please name them here.

There are many synthesizers that feature sample playback. Omnisphere is a great one. And there are samplers with some synthesis capabilities. But I'm not aware of anything that is both a full-fledged synth and a full-fledged sampler in quite the way Falcon is. If there are others, please name them here.
My only pet peeve is the fact it only uses one core so it's pretty hard to build a complex patch with it without running into a wall. I wish they do something about it, cause other than that, Falcon 2 is perfect.

Thank you very much for your answers and opinions

So interesting to get it and it would be a good complement given its peculiarities

Well, I noticed your posts were all in French all of a sudden…

Like the one that tells me in French that you don’t understand me asking about you talking in French

64782B79-E07C-40E3-98DF-2B585A11DA7D.jpeg

And that was after this one in another thread:

4800C6A8-C795-4E2C-9779-55792F6F5E7B.jpeg
So you seemed to have decided to switch to French.

Last edited:
Hello @Trancer,

I think Falcon is a great tool for creating your custom sounds, and sound design, plus general synthesis.

I was trying to decide if I should invest time learning Falcon, or Halion in-depth, I decided to go with Falcon. But I haven't yet had the time to study Falcon. So plan for some learning time to harness the power of Falcon.

There are some good Falcon Tutorials by MacPro Video, and an even a more detailed one at Groove3, and as usual possibly more free ones on YT.

Good Luck.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Indeed, Falcon 2 apparently requires a long learning to be able to use it correctly.

On the other hand, so complete and rich, it is certainly worth it to dive into it in depth.

At some point I plan to get into Falcon. It's a sound designer's dream as you can do anything you can imagine.

I've seen a couple of videos and it seems pretty intuitive.
Yep. It's pretty versatile. When I don't want to deal with Max/MSP (partly because I need to meet short deadlines) , I often reach for Falcon 2.

Falcon is like Kontakt and Reaktor meshed into one. It's comparable to HALion, which I prefer over it because the multi-core limitations of Falcon can be problematic for some work.

If you have Komplete or HALion you kind of need a reason to invest in it, IMO. Like something more specific you need from it. Otherwise, I'm not seeing the value. All of UVI's libraries will run in Workstation, anyways.

Falcon is like Kontakt and Reaktor meshed into one. It's comparable to HALion, which I prefer over it because the multi-core limitations of Falcon can be problematic for some work.

If you have Komplete or HALion you kind of need a reason to invest in it, IMO. Like something more specific you need from it. Otherwise, I'm not seeing the value. All of UVI's libraries will run in Workstation, anyways.
Can you use Halion outside Cubase?

Thank you for your answers.

Indeed, a vst which must be most exciting, but you really have to invest time.

Falcon is like Kontakt and Reaktor meshed into one.
That's not quite true. Falcon is very different from Reaktor in it's approach and possibilities. It's a synth workstation while Reaktor is a synth/DSP building toolkit.
All of UVI's libraries will run in Workstation, anyways.
That's also not true. Falcon libraries only run in Falcon, and they're editable so they work as documentation as well.

Top Bottom