What's new

Falcon - How to re-use samples from expansion packs?

Bee_Abney

It depends. Most commercially released sample libraries do work this way to protect their content, so Kontakt libraries are mostly all encrypted in NCW files as well. Some vendors do add WAVs or choose not to encrypt though, but those are exceptions.

If you want to leverage samples I recommend having a look at some of the sample packs by Simon Stockhausen and @Empty Vessel - and also check out the Plogue Sfz libraries by Karoryfer Samples (they come with the multisampled WAVs). Of course licensing terms still do apply, but if you want to create patches for your own use in Falcon using third party samples, those are some great vendors.
While I have found Kontakt instruments I can’t edit - Such as adding note bending to Albion One - I haven’t found any ncw files I can’t use elsewhere in Kontakt. I haven’t experimented widely, but when I have tried it, ncw files can be dragged and dropped into Bioscape. Or you could, for example, add flute samples from one Kontakt library over an oboe from another one. Not that there is much need to do that with multis being easier for most purposes.

Lindon

VST/AU Developer
Ambicon rocks, by the way! Well, it more sort of evolves, texturises and enhances, but it is very good!

Channel Robot rocks!
oh now... we're coming over all embarrassed over here...thanks tho, and yes exactly what Ambicon is designed to do - evolve around you..

Br0Haha

New Falcon user here - I got it at the weekend with the 2x free expansions. Was hoping to leverage the included samples in the expansions and/or the factory presets, but I can't seem to figure out how to get to them, any one give me a pointer? BTW - loving it so far, Falcon is amazing. Everything I hoped for, and honestly, I don't find it difficult to use at all to create patches, and sounds beautiful.
Perhaps this will help? It's from a response I received from UVI Support:

You can access the samples included in most of our soundbanks in Falcon from the Mapping zone or the LIST tab,

Once you have selected a sample you can export it from the OSC's menu:

Jt4QoU9xmDYa1LcS5xdQVtbA291kimpDBq74P8-x-9-mTRBxvPTwNYe-5nvN9Gqyg-8orwBABvER65thMKrkc9FD9pffMaq8z6MZvB6okYeLO-8J6rgVXMAzxz3Z_iokffJkZqdF0UADA64=s0-d-e1-ft

This will allow you to export the samples one at a time.

Just to clarify (for those who are still fairly new to Falcon, like myself): OSC, as used here, implies Oscillator, not Open Sound Control. "Menu" refers to the 'hamburger', (three short horizontal lines,) just to the right of the gears icon shown in the image above.

Use of the List view can make it easier to find the specific samples you want. Right-click on the sample's waveform and choose Play Selection, to audition it before saving.

1635040251485.png

Last edited:

Br0Haha

This is awesome! Thank you so much for finding out about this and sharing back. Works a treat - just saved out a few of the useful textures from lo-fi pack.

I'll share some things I learnt the last few days:

1. You can drag any sample into the Pluck sample window, and you get some terrificly interesting results if you drag in things like Thunder claps, or long atmospheres, or textures or anything really (vocals is a bit weird!). Turn down the Synth and Noise bars to just have the Sample excitation playing:
View attachment 60159

2. You can hide program and layers etc in the edit view, using the little blue icons top right - click on them to show/hide
View attachment 60158
So glad you found this useful. I had the same question, and received a great response from their support team. Glad to share.

Bee_Abney

Perhaps this will help? It's from a response I received from UVI Support:

You can access the samples included in most of our soundbanks in Falcon from the Mapping zone or the LIST tab,

Once you have selected a sample you can export it from the OSC's menu:

Jt4QoU9xmDYa1LcS5xdQVtbA291kimpDBq74P8-x-9-mTRBxvPTwNYe-5nvN9Gqyg-8orwBABvER65thMKrkc9FD9pffMaq8z6MZvB6okYeLO-8J6rgVXMAzxz3Z_iokffJkZqdF0UADA64=s0-d-e1-ft

This will allow you to export the samples one at a time.

Just to clarify (for those who are still fairly new to Falcon, like myself): OSC, as used here, implies Oscillator, not Open Sound Control. "Menu" refers to the 'hamburger', (three short horizontal lines,) just to the right of the gears icon shown in the image above.

Use of the List view can make it easier to find the specific samples you want. Right-click on the sample's waveform and choose Play Selection, to audition it before saving.

View attachment 60130
I just finally had a chance to put this into practice. I knew it would be possible one way or another, but I hadn't spent the time playing around to try to find it. Thank you so much for saving me so much time - and, since synths, computers, and modern life generally are not my forte, I might have tried something stupidly convoluted like recording each sample by playing it and bouncing it in my DAW. This is great! Such a big help.

Br0Haha

I just finally had a chance to put this into practice. I knew it would be possible one way or another, but I hadn't spent the time playing around to try to find it. Thank you so much for saving me so much time - and, since synths, computers, and modern life generally are not my forte, I might have tried something stupidly convoluted like recording each sample by playing it and bouncing it in my DAW. This is great! Such a big help.
Glad to help. I suppose every solution, aside from the correct one could be considered "stupidly convoluted". Glad to help you avoid goin' down that rabbit hole.

Top Bottom