What's new

Falcon 2.5 is out.

same issue here on that one preset = no sound. Checked dozens other around it, no issues 'cept that one preset so far.
Hoping someone know a fix.
Thanks for checking.I thought I might have done something horrible to it myself.

It’s the only UVI preset I’ve spotted a problem with, but I’ve now also discovered an issue with some presets in Ambicon by Channel Robot. With those I have to import the samples myself and guess or try to remember what to do with them. With Many Things, the samples are already in place.

The none-Uvi preset/soundlibraries seems a little strange as you cant integrate them really into the preset system it seems (at least some older stuff).

As I am completely new to Falcon I thought some good external preset might help to understand so I got exactly Ambicon and a library from VSP.

But there seems no way to integrate into the presets, you just have to browse evrytime if you want these external presets o_O

EDIT: Ambicon: same problems with samples :sad:

Has anybody noticed any presets going silent since the upgrade?

Under Meditative in the Falcon Library there is a preset called Many Things. I can no longer get it to make any sound and wondered if something had stopped working since the update - or stopped working in a way this preset depends upon.

Most likely I messed it up myself somehow; but I thought I'd ask.
I discovered the silent preset. I figured it was an Easter Egg and used it in my John Cage 4'33" mockup (attached). Enjoy!

4'33"

Have to say, I've totally fallen in love with Falcon. Made a second track (deep house) this week with 100% falcon, and it sounds amazing. Mix of my own patches and presets from Factory and Inner Dimenstions and Lo-Fi. I'm thinking, given the ultra-low amount of content on YouTube, I might make some videos on what I've learnt so far, how to make common EDM elements (reese etc). Think it'd be worth doing?
Absolutely. I'd love to hear your tracks too.

Well. This might be embarassing considering the quality of composers that post on this site... it's still very much a WIP, I'm only a year into my music production journey, so don't slay me... This is from the breakdown through to the outro. Still working on arrangement, sounds etc. Done a light rough mix. Would definitely like any feedback! Patches I've made on this are the Reese bass, Lead synth line (comes in after first white noise riser). White noise riser, white noise downlifter (both super simple, but gotta start somewhere), The pad on the outro.
I thought it was great. Nice motif, repeated just about the right amount to bed in; great sounds (of course! but used/shaped well) and clear, round, smooth mix. Something seemed to be missing somewhere - some frequency range, I think. It may be just a taste thing, but I'd consider adding/accentuating some higher frequencies somewhere. I think something like the timbre and frequency of a cymbal/hi-hat (4-6 kHz, or maybe a bit lower - say, 4-5 kHz) would do it - though it needn't be percussive, nor need it run constantly throughout. But then, someone else might just as well say it needed more bass, or that it was fine as it is.

The composition itself definitely works in my view. Thank you for sharing!

Well. This might be embarassing considering the quality of composers that post on this site... it's still very much a WIP, I'm only a year into my music production journey, so don't slay me... This is from the breakdown through to the outro. Still working on arrangement, sounds etc. Done a light rough mix. Would definitely like any feedback! Patches I've made on this are the Reese bass, Lead synth line (comes in after first white noise riser). White noise riser, white noise downlifter (both super simple, but gotta start somewhere), The pad on the outro.
The sounds are tasty.

I discovered the silent preset. I figured it was an Easter Egg and used it in my John Cage 4'33" mockup (attached). Enjoy!

4'33"
Back when I was a young, cocky s.o.b. I had the gall to sign up for a Provincial music festival's piano composition using Cage's 4' 33'" as my performance piece.

Back then I couldn't (still can't) play anything on a piano.

Long story short: I chickened out (my bad), though went on to perform and win in another category of the festival. The Adjudicator sought me out as he was intrigued by my choice of Cage, and confessed to me he had prepared a response to my 4' 33" -- he would stand silent for said amount while giving me a score.:rofl:
Oh, if I only had the balls....
A lesson for any young vi whipper-snappers = just do it.

Now back to Falcon's mystery pre-set. Hoping it turns out Liquidlino working preset gives a clue on which DAW or OS this works on.

Last edited:
Back when I was a young, cocky s.o.b. I had the gall to sign up for a Provincial music festival's piano composition using Cage's 4' 33'" as my performance piece.

Back then I couldn't (still can't) play anything on a piano.

Long story short: I chickened out (my bad), though went on to perform and win in another category of the festival. The Adjudicator sought me out as he was inspired by choice of Cage, and confessed to me he had prepared a response to my 4' 33" -- he would stand silent for said amount in giving me a score.:rofl:
Oh, if I only had the balls....
A lesson for any young vi whipper-snappers = just do it.

Now back to Falcon's mystery pre-set. Hoping it turns out Liquidlino working preset gives a clue on which DAW or OS this works on.
Two good points - and a splendid anecdote that includes mentioned, in passing, that you won a music competition (!). Just go for it! And consider the DAW.

I am using Studio One 5.4.0 - I'm about to upgrade to 5.4.1.

Hi, I'm on Reaper (latest version) on Windows 10 (fully updated), on AMD Ryzen 3600, 16gb RAM, NVIDIA 1660ti. OpenGL GUI enabled.
hmm we match on DAW and OS (both latest updates)...so can't be either of those. I also have StudioOne 4.6 but is too has no sound for the one preset in question.

hmm we match on DAW and OS (both latest updates)...so can't be either of those. I also have StudioOne 4.6 but is too has no sound for the one preset in question.
And I have the problem in stand alone too; so probably not to do with the DAW at all. I have sent in a report and I'll let you know what I hear back. Of course, writing in separately wouldn't hurt; but isn't necessary either.

I just upgraded BBCSO Core to Pro, budget is slowly met, so I'm wondering: can I expect a Black friday deal as good as the present deal on Falcon 2.5 or should I get it asap?

I just upgraded BBCSO Core to Pro, budget is slowly met, so I'm wondering: can I expect a Black friday deal as good as the present deal on Falcon 2.5 or should I get it asap?
Based on what I have been told, they usually have something like 30% off of all items, including Falcon.

But first, that may not happen. If you are content to wait, there is sure to be another sale eventually - they typically have 30% off one item at any time. But there is no certainty that they will reduce it again so soon. It does seem likely, though. (Basically, it makes sense to try to hook customers who regret missing the current sale.)

Second, however, the current deal includes two expansions, each €39 at full price. Put that together with the €100 voucher (which is standard), which could be used in the Black Friday sales before it expires, and I'd say this was a great deal.

Despite that, paying more at the right time when you can afford it is better than paying less at the wrong time when it is a struggle or would incur interest payments.

Those are my thoughts; there are others who have been watching UVI longer than I have.

Oh, also, congratulations on the upgrade! I trust you found yourself paying less than you might have expected at this time! I am currently reviewing my Spitfire wishlist myself, though I hadn't budgeted for it just yet.

Based on what I have been told, they usually have something like 30% off of all items, including Falcon.

But first, that may not happen. If you are content to wait, there is sure to be another sale eventually - they typically have 30% off one item at any time. But there is no certainty that they will reduce it again so soon. It does seem likely, though. (Basically, it makes sense to try to hook customers who regret missing the current sale.)

Second, however, the current deal includes two expansions, each €39 at full price. Put that together with the €100 voucher (which is standard), which could be used in the Black Friday sales before it expires, and I'd say this was a great deal.

Despite that, paying more at the right time when you can afford it is better than paying less at the wrong time when it is a struggle or would incur interest payments.

Those are my thoughts; there are others who have been watching UVI longer than I have.
The Falcon expansions are rarely on sale. You just missed a 2 for 1 sale.

Last edited:
Oh, also, congratulations on the upgrade! I trust you found yourself paying less than you might have expected at this time! I am currently reviewing my Spitfire wishlist myself, though I hadn't budgeted for it just yet.
There's 50 % off SpitfireAudio (excluding Collections and others) but only a few hours:

If not mistaken, this was the best offer ever for upgrading to Pro.

Thanks!
This, on the other hand, sucks:
"Single licenses cannot be transferred after upgrading to a newer product or a bundle"
As a matter of fact, I think this contradicts the EULA.
I sent a support request to UVI.
Here is UVI's extremely satisfying answer:

When our team creates and releases a new version of Falcon (like Falcon 2.5) it is actually an update and not an upgrade so there are no multiple licenses for Falcon,

All Falcon owners (starting from Falcon 1.0) can update to Falcon 2.5 for free with their original license.

I also confirm you that you can resale and transfer Falcon to another user anytime since this product is not part of a bundle.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

All the best from Paris,
Support Team

So I chose Plurality and Subculture orchestral, thanks to Abney's guide.
No time to check anything now though.

@Liquidino: yet another great song! If you don't post on Soundcloud or whatever, you should!

Top Bottom