What's new

Fake RR Logic script - (EXS24) Sampler

A3D2

Hi everyone :)

I was wondering if any of you think it would be possible somehow to create a Logic script for scripter that
creates extra fake round robin layers by pitching neighbouring samples up and down?

For example: if you have sampled a piano with 1 velocity layer and 88 keys and no round robins,
and you play a C three times for example, then the script would first play the original C sample, then pitch
a B sample upwards and then a D sample downwards to create variety.

As it is now, I tend to fake this process in EXS24 by copying all the original samples 2 times and shifting everything to the left
and another copy to the right and have EXS24 cycle between these. But it would of course be easier if you don't
have to do that... But, I don't now anything about scripter so I don't know if it is possible... Should any of you have
any ideas for something like this, let me know :)

Thanks!

Scripter only deals with MIDI messages, so if there is no matching MIDI message, Scripter can't do it. You'd need per-note-pitch to pull this off which does not exist in MIDI.

Scripter only deals with MIDI messages, so if there is no matching MIDI message, Scripter can't do it. You'd need per-note-pitch to pull this off which does not exist in MIDI.
@christianobermaier That's a pity, but good to know! I hoped there might be a way to do it anyway, but now I know it is just not possible. Thanks for your answer though, clarifies it for me :)

Top Bottom