What's new

FaderCtrl

I'm in!

I've never seen this and honestly I really don't understand enough about what's involved programming-wise that would complete Faderctrl making it totally functional for users.
My question I will throw out there for everyone but also specifically @ Will Bedford (being a successful developer).
I suspect there must be a good programmer affiliated with one of the developers or a community member here that frequents VI-C that could probably develop the fully baked software that would complete Faderctrl as originally intended.

As a collective group if the people who purchased these(20-30-40? I'm guessing)each pooled a little $$ shouldn't we be able to hire someone to finish this?

Please forgive me if my lack of understanding of what's actually required to do this but is this thought totally unrealistic?
Thanks

For those interested in a passive fader controller, we at Dunshield have one in the works and it will be available on pre-order in the near future.

Our fader controller is hand made, built like a tank, with high quality components and long throw 100 mm faders. It has a clean design, all black aluminum casing - not slanted but flat, with USB connectivity, and a solid piece of code that runs the device.

The controller might also feature a pitchbend/modwheel assembly and 4 assignable buttons; we are still in the developing phase regarding these features and would like to hear from you if these additions would be welcome ==> see poll in the thread mentioned down below. Simplicity is king as far as we are concerned, however we heard echo's over several forums that features like these are in demand.

The controller can be used as a stand alone unit, and it can be fully integrated into our Dunshield Composer Desk where it will sit snug on either side of the built-in Kawai VPC-1; more on this later.

I've started a thread on this topic over here:
https://vi-control.net/community/th...ssive-fader-controller-is-in-the-works.79113/

Cheers
Emanuel
https://www.dunshield.com (www.dunshield.com)

Can't the cc's be changed within Kontakt for each of those libraries? i.e. change spitfire to CC02?
They can, but that would involve going through each patch/articulation, changing the mapping and re-saving. Then do the same again when the libraries are updated. I'd rather use two faders than go through that hassle.

So this is completely dead now?

Shame, I’ve got a Kenton Control Freak but only use like 4 faders out of the 16 available! Don’t suppose anyone in the UK is selling or would trade for the Kenton?

I’ve got a Kenton Control Freak but only use like 4 faders out of the 16 available! Don’t suppose anyone in the UK is selling or would trade for the Kenton?

Don't do that dude! Those Kentons are quite sort after and still work amazingly well, not to mention are built like tanks. There's really nothing on the market at the moment thats better.

I'm sure you can find some uses for the remaining faders... Some ideas...

Click track level
Daw control room level
Dialog track level
Common synth parameters: Cutoff, resonance, lfo control, envelope controls (thats four right there) etc.

Include the 4 you're currently using and thats already 14 out of 16 !

The buttons are also pretty useful to have.

Don't do that dude! Those Kentons are quite sort after and still work amazingly well, not to mention are built like tanks. There's really nothing on the market at the moment thats better.

I'm sure you can find some uses for the remaining faders... Some ideas...

Click track level
Daw control room level
Dialog track level
Common synth parameters: Cutoff, resonance, lfo control, envelope controls (thats four right there) etc.

Include the 4 you're currently using and thats already 14 out of 16 !

The buttons are also pretty useful to have.

Hmm good shout! I’ll have a play round an add the extra sliders! I’m definitely not in a rush to sell it just floating around with the idea

Hmm good shout! I’ll have a play round an add the extra sliders! I’m definitely not in a rush to sell it just floating around with the idea

Yea I'd definitely keep it if I was you. There's also quite a few templates that you can download and import using the editor software for a number of soft (and hardware) synths. Super useful.

Did anyone knows how to get the software running under Mojave? I can open it but am unable to set a controller number.

Did anyone knows how to get the software running under Mojave? I can open it but am unable to set a controller number.
Using with 10.14.5 without any problem... I can set the CCs both ways, double click and type in or simply click and drag (up/down).

Last edited:
Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app?
Use something like "app cleaner" to find and delete any hidden files (I'm seeing 6 on my mac).
Just did this. Used AppCleaner, removed all of the Faderctrl files from my computer. I then went into System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> selected Anywhere under the "Allow apps downloaded from" (after a Terminal command to show this option). Fresh download and re-install and now it says "The application 'faderctrl' cannot be opened." Same message whether I double-click the icon or right-click -> Open the icon. Also tried restarting but still won't open.

What did I miss???

OSX 10.13.6

Did you re-download the app?
IIRC there was something in the Read Me that's included about how to install it.

Top Bottom