FaderCtrl

Discussion in 'GEAR Talk Forum' started by CACKLAND, Jan 2, 2017.

1. zvenx

zvenx Senior Member

good or non detrimental?
    rsp

2. Geoff Grace

Geoff Grace Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I'd call it "good" when a product works as expected, thereby making it a moot point whether or not a company can provide support. YMMV.

Best,

Geoff

3. zvenx

zvenx Senior Member

we will agree to disagree.
    It is indeed of course moot whilst your product is still working as expected....unless one day it stops.
    But to have a developer go MIA a few months after you buy a product can never be a good thing imho.
    rsp

4. Ashermusic

Ashermusic Senior Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I do think that is a reasonable point of view.

zvenx likes this.
  5. Symfoniq

Symfoniq Active Member

May 8, 2013
    All things considered, I just wish Corey well and hope he's okay.

zvenx likes this.
  6. ironbut

ironbut Active Member

Jun 9, 2015
    eugene or
    I agree. IIRC, it seemed like something in his personal life had stopped any forward progress on the FaderCtrl.

Maybe I'm just repeating something that's already been mentioned here, but I would try totally deleting the software and any files associated with the FaderCtrl app (my AppCleaner app says there are 6) and try re-installing it from scratch.

7. windshore

windshore Senior Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Hey all. Since this project appears to be dead, I wonder if someone can post a link to whatever the last version of the software was? I have Version 0.0.1 and the only parameter that comes up is for midi channel #...

8. ironbut

ironbut Active Member

Jun 9, 2015
    eugene or
    windshore likes this.
  9. Taiki Egawa

Taiki Egawa New Member

May 15, 2018
    Japan
    I am using the FaderCtrl. I have develoed software for the FaderCtrl. (still in beta version...)

28617166_1833326340301930_2798123715420699769_o.jpg

Jaredf920, BradHoyt, rhye and 15 others like this.
  10. Vastman

Vastman we make the future

Could you post a link to Dropbox so we can try the software? Thanks for doing this

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Soundhound likes this.
  11. Soundhound

Soundhound Senior Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Was just looking for exactly this! Has anyone got it and using it? Would love to get a copy if so. Thanks!

brett likes this.
  12. kgdrum

kgdrum Senior Member

Apr 11, 2005

+1 I'm eager to see how this works! ;)

13. PerryD

PerryD Active Member

Mar 5, 2013
    This looked like a very nice fader controller. Are they no longer in production?

14. The maker "Cackland" hasn't been in this forum since May of last year, so it's fairly safe to say that they are no longer in production. Bummer...

15. PerryD

PerryD Active Member

Mar 5, 2013
    I ended up ordering a refurbished Behringer X-Touch Compact from eBay. It seems the Compact is better for CC control than the standard X-Touch. I am not a Behringer fan but their partnership with Midas at least yields a nice control surface.

TheKRock likes this.
  16. willbedford

willbedford Composer/Programmer

Nov 16, 2014
    Huddersfield
    I was sent the 'limited' software version in 2017. Does anyone know if the 'full' software was completed?

I snooped around in the app package contents and found this interface mock-up. 1. Overview.png It seems like some nice features were planned - curve and range controls, presets for different sample library developers, four slots for saving settings.

Slightly nicer on the eyes than the current version
    Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 10.13.14.png

rhye and kgdrum like this.
  17. willbedford

willbedford Composer/Programmer

Nov 16, 2014
    Huddersfield
    One feature I'd really like is to be able to send out multiple CCs on the same fader simultaneously.
    Currently I have 'Cinesamples vibrato' (CC2) and 'Spitfire vibrato' (CC21) on separate faders. It would be nice to combine them and free up a fader. CS libraries aren't affected by CC21, and SF libraries aren't affected by CC2, so there would be no conflict.

18. kgdrum

kgdrum Senior Member

Apr 11, 2005

I've never seen this and honestly I really don't understand enough about what's involved programming-wise that would complete Faderctrl making it totally functional for users.
    My question I will throw out there for everyone but also specifically @ Will Bedford (being a successful developer).
    I suspect there must be a good programmer affiliated with one of the developers or a community member here that frequents VI-C that could probably develop the fully baked software that would complete Faderctrl as originally intended.

As a collective group if the people who purchased these(20-30-40? I'm guessing)each pooled a little $$ shouldn't we be able to hire someone to finish this?

Please forgive me if my lack of understanding of what's actually required to do this but is this thought totally unrealistic?
    Thanks

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    rhye and Soundhound like this.
  19. Dewdman42

Dewdman42 Senior Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Those of you needing a cc remapper of some kind, check out the freely available "transmidifier" which should do any CC remapping you need before hitting the DAW:

http://www.bewaryprods.com/software/products/TransMIDIfier/

I missed the window on getting a FaderCtrl also, and would definitely buy one if they came up again.

rhye likes this.
  20. JohnBMears

JohnBMears Senior Member

Jan 12, 2015
    Can't the cc's be changed within Kontakt for each of those libraries? i.e. change spitfire to CC02?