FaderCtrl

Discussion in 'GEAR Talk Forum' started by CACKLAND, Jan 2, 2017.

1. N.Caffrey

N.Caffrey Senior Member

Mar 15, 2016
    does anybody know what happened to the OP? so strange to see a successful product abandoned.

2. johnbusbymusic

johnbusbymusic Musician/Composer

Oct 10, 2016
    Mississippi
    it's weird, he just kind of .....
    faded?

3. N.Caffrey

N.Caffrey Senior Member

Mar 15, 2016
    FadedCtrl

johnbusbymusic likes this.
  4. Smikes77

Smikes77 My Avatar looks just like me

Oct 13, 2014
    Brighton, UK
    I emailed him a while back with a small issue, but never heard back. I got it fixed, but a shame he`s not around anymore. Unless he`s hand delivering all the units that were ordered...

5. Mike Marino

Mike Marino Senior Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Orlando, Fl.
    My FaderCtrl software app stop working a long time ago. When I open the app all 8 of the midi cc boxes appear but nothing happens when I drag them up or down; they can't be edited any more. FaderCtrl works as designed in my DAW however I just have to manually assign each fader for each instrument (instead of already having things set globally via the app).

I did report this issue to Cackland via email. His recommendation was that I scrap the entire app, redownload, and reinstall (which I tried multiple times). It still doesn't work and he didn't have any further info for me at that time.

Anybody else having this problem or know of a possible fix?

Sierra 10.12.6

6. windshore

windshore Senior Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Los Angeles
    If someone who has time and is industrious wants to look further to resolve or modify their FaderCtrl... I may have a path for them to follow. In troubleshooting my setup with Cory he had me download bit of software from here and once you take a look some lights will turn on... possibly. https://www.arduino.cc

Mike Marino likes this.
  7. Jeffrey Peterson

Jeffrey Peterson Active Member

Jul 20, 2010
    What is the software used for this? I haven't used it for awhile and now have forgotten how to program in the CC's.

8. samphony

samphony Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    It’s called FADERCNTRL

9. babylonwaves

babylonwaves Senior Member

May 9, 2015
    just in case there are some settings you didn't wipe before re-installing you might want to install the software another computer and see, if it works there. if it doesn't it's probably some state saved inside the faderCTRL which causes the issue.

Mike Marino likes this.
  10. bigisland

bigisland New Member

Feb 11, 2016
    So is this product not available anymore...?

11. stonzthro

stonzthro Senior Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Westwood, CA
    No - the dev seems to have ceased all communication. I don't know why.

12. zvenx

zvenx Senior Member

I am so glad he raised the price. A few months ago (January actually) I was ready to buy two, but then he informed me the price had been raised by I think $45 each......which then became over my budget. (I had budgeted $500+ shipping stateside, but it ended up $652 for the two). So I didn't order them.
    Someone was looking out for me :) (and I am an atheist :) )

rsp

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  13. Mike Marino

Nov 3, 2010
    Orlando, Fl.
    He was having small orders built during the process so it may be that the manufacturing costs increased in the event that the amount of units in that order were too small. Possible at least.

14. zvenx

zvenx Senior Member

Not sure if this was in response to me.
    Sure, he can raise the price if he needed to. For me it was not what I budgeted for. So I passed.
    Turns out to be a blessing.
    rsp

15. Ashermusic

Ashermusic Senior Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    No it wasn't. I have it and it works really well, software is so easy I could teach my dog to set it up.

bly and Anders Wall like this.
  16. willbedford

willbedford Composer/Programmer

Nov 16, 2014
    Huddersfield
    I've had no trouble with mine either. Set up the CCs when I first got it - never had to touch the software since.

17. zvenx

zvenx Senior Member

Are you not seeing the issues reported in this thread with the hardware with zero support? You may be in the lucky camp. I may not have been.
    It can't possibly be a good thing to buy hardware that becomes unsupported a few months later that very year with the company goes Mia.

Rsp

18. ironbut

ironbut Active Member

Jun 9, 2015
    eugene or
    The software is so easy, I did teach my dog to do it!
    Seriously, this is as easy as it gets and the hardware is like "budda"!
    Mine works perfectly.
    Thanks Cory!!!

19. Mike Marino

Nov 3, 2010
    Orlando, Fl.
    Hardware is great here. Software no longer functions.

20. Geoff Grace

Geoff Grace Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    True, you may have gotten one of the problem units; and (for the time being at least, by all indications) there would have been no support if you had.

But it can possibly be a good thing to buy hardware that becomes unsupported—if your hardware never needs support. In fact, I'd say the best possible outcome is to buy hardware that never needs support. It appears that most of these units have fallen into that category, so far. Granted, it's still early yet.

Best,

Geoff