1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FaderCtrl

Discussion in 'GEAR Talk Forum' started by CACKLAND, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Living Fossil

Living Fossil Senior Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Yes, I use it as a substitute for a breath controller! :)

kgdrum likes this.
  2. samphony

samphony Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    There are many ways building a desk and to build your keyboard and controllers into. My desk is height adjustable and I wanted easy access to everything for maintenance reasons.

3. Vanni

Vanni Senior Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Guys,
    Is anyone experiencing random midi data being continuously sent without user input?

After a few months without any issue my faderctrl is starting to act funky, it basically keeps sending midi data without me touching it. This obviously make it unusable as I end up with completely messed up recordings (and also screws up things while playing).

It’s not a vibrations problem or anything like that.

Thanks,

Vanni

Puzzlefactory likes this.
  4. Mike Marino

Mike Marino Senior Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Orlando, Fl.
    Haven't experienced that problem before.

The hardware works fine for me; the FaderCtrl software no longer works here.

5. Leandro Z

Leandro Z New Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Hi everybody! Any news on new stock of the FaderCtrl? I might be interested in getting one! But Im in Argentina.
    Thanks!
    L.

6. Leandro Z

Leandro Z New Member

Mar 20, 2018
    If anybody is thinking about selling their FaderCtrl unit please let me know. Im interested. Thanks!

7. thevisi0nary

thevisi0nary Active Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I have to ask you... what is your setup there with that midi keyboard?

8. samphony

samphony Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    It is the Fatar keybed from my Doepfer LMK4+

9. thevisi0nary

Jan 17, 2018
    Wow that is seriously cool. I was going nuts for a good month trying to find a keyboard that fit the ratio of quality keys vs slim enough to fit on my desk (it's higher than my qwerty keyboard so it couldnt be more than 2-3 inches to play comfortably). I think may try your method out. Did you just take the keybed out of the Doepfer? How do you have the wires and electronics set up, are they just free hanging in the back?

10. samphony

samphony Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    You can buy the parts separately. I shot my doepfer lmk4+ about 5-6 years ago at eBay for €600. Only to take it apart and build it into a desk.

As I’m not the most talented carpenter it was the only version I could pull of but it turned out to be really useful.

And to be honest the doepfer controller unit was never of use to me as I’ve used the peavey 1600x until @CACKLAND pulled of the FADERCTRL and since then my plan was to replace the doepfer slider and modwheel unit with that.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018 at 11:18 AM
  11. Ethos

Ethos Senior Member

I also took mine apart and built it into my Argosy desk.

Attached Files:

Mark Stothard likes this.
  12. thevisi0nary

Jan 17, 2018
    Wow that set up is awesome!! I really have to look at doing something like this. How do you route the electronics?

13. samphony

samphony Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I like your desk! The other challenge I had to tackle was to build mine on top of that sit/stand desk frame.

14. BradHoyt

BradHoyt Senior Member

I think I have all I need at this point... :)

[​IMG]

Thanks Cackland!