What's new

FaderCtrl

samphony

This is what I want to do, I think keyboards built into desk look so sick, and having the faders built in too would look awesome.
There are many ways building a desk and to build your keyboard and controllers into. My desk is height adjustable and I wanted easy access to everything for maintenance reasons.

Vanni

Guys,
Is anyone experiencing random midi data being continuously sent without user input?

After a few months without any issue my faderctrl is starting to act funky, it basically keeps sending midi data without me touching it. This obviously make it unusable as I end up with completely messed up recordings (and also screws up things while playing).

It’s not a vibrations problem or anything like that.

Thanks,

Vanni

Mike Marino

Guys,
Is anyone experiencing random midi data being continuously sent without user input?

After a few months without any issue my faderctrl is starting to act funky, it basically keeps sending midi data without me touching it. This obviously make it unusable as I end up with completely messed up recordings (and also screws up things while playing).

Thanks,

Vanni
Haven't experienced that problem before.

The hardware works fine for me; the FaderCtrl software no longer works here.

Leandro Z

Hi everybody! Any news on new stock of the FaderCtrl? I might be interested in getting one! But Im in Argentina.
Thanks!
L.

thevisi0nary

It is the Fatar keybed from my Doepfer LMK4+
Wow that is seriously cool. I was going nuts for a good month trying to find a keyboard that fit the ratio of quality keys vs slim enough to fit on my desk (it's higher than my qwerty keyboard so it couldnt be more than 2-3 inches to play comfortably). I think may try your method out. Did you just take the keybed out of the Doepfer? How do you have the wires and electronics set up, are they just free hanging in the back?

samphony

You can buy the parts separately. I shot my doepfer lmk4+ about 5-6 years ago at eBay for €600. Only to take it apart and build it into a desk.

As I’m not the most talented carpenter it was the only version I could pull of but it turned out to be really useful.

And to be honest the doepfer controller unit was never of use to me as I’ve used the peavey 1600x until @CACKLAND pulled of the FADERCTRL and since then my plan was to replace the doepfer slider and modwheel unit with that.

Last edited:

BradHoyt

Is there anyway to stop it from continuously sending midi messages in Logic?

It seems to send fader information even if I’m not moving the faders. So even if I don’t want expression to be recorded it will anyway at whatever level the expression fader is set at.

It also send midi message during playback which messes with any recorded performances on the selected channel (unless I turn off the record arm button).
I'm using Cubase and am having similar issues. Have you found a solution?
Thanks!

synthpunk

I have no affiliation with this project but would recommend Caig Calilube (now called Faderlube) spray. You can usually find this at your local Guitar Center or order it online from Parts Express. Use the straw to spray into the fader mechanism and work the fader for a few days and that should loosen it up if not you will need to take the unit and faders apart and clean them more thoroughly or replace them.

Anyone else have sticky faders? Any recommendations?

Last edited:

hotsizzlemusic

Unfortunately, the same thing is happening with my unit. Both in Pro Tools and Digital Performer. Ive had to unplug it and not use it anymore.

Guys,

Thanks,

Vanni

Top Bottom