1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FaderCtrl

Discussion in 'GEAR Talk Forum' started by CACKLAND, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Symfoniq

Symfoniq Senior Member

May 8, 2013
    If true, this is concerning. I ordered a FaderCtrl specifically because my current input device from another manufacturer has problems with MIDI jitter.

2. babylonwaves

babylonwaves Senior Member

May 9, 2015
    to be precise: if I move a fader right down, sometimes the last event has a value of 0 and sometimes it's a value of 1. with volume that doesn't necessarily make a huge difference. but if you control e.g. the pitch of an oscillator - that's a different story.

3. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    I think if Corey could provide concise updates on the status and timeline of the full editor, beta photos or version, etc. That would go a long way in addressing the growing frustration that it will not be vaporware. Are there issues perhaps we can help with in some way (ie referring a coder/compiler, beta testing, feedback, etc.) ?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    soundmind likes this.
  4. pisskeule

pisskeule Member

Jul 10, 2017

5. OP
    OP
    CACKLAND

CACKLAND Senior Member

Jul 18, 2016
    Hi all, sorry for being off the grid, other life commitments have come first and have not been on the forum for the past week or two.

In relation to your questions, the editor is definitely not forgotten however some have to realize that as a one man army, I have other responsibilities to attend to ie, additional work to help support the development of this software. Now, it’s not be any means a huge software project, however I am NOT a software developer by any means therefore in the initial phases, have had a steep learning curve in this phase. For the record, I’ve had to outsource developers who have cost time and money for which have flaked on myself, which is disappointing for both parties, myself and you all who were promised a completed piece of software for your FaderCtrl.

As of this stage, I am working with another developer to help me complete this project. To help with the progress, I will post some screenshots of the editor tomorrow or the next. Please bare with me as I do apologize.

Cheers
    Corey

6. creativeforge

creativeforge Barefoot Heart Music

Hope the new team finds its sea-legs soon, and you can finally see your vision and project to fruition! :) Let us know what way we can help, if any! :)

Happy Thanksgivings!

Andre

7. Living Fossil

Living Fossil Senior Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Thanks for the news, Corey!

I have to say that since i have my faderctrl, it's become indispensable for my work.

And i want to share a picture with the coverage that i made for my unit.
    It's made of tranparent plastic - i have such coverages for all my gear, synths etc., since i want to protect them from dust but i still want to see all their beauty :)

IMG_1864.JPG

bly, ZOZZ, Mike Marino and 1 other person like this.
  8. AlexRuger

AlexRuger Senior Member

Totally understand if you'd rather not do this, but I thought I should offer anyway: I'm learning to program and am getting pretty okay at it. If you allow me to access the code, I'll happily volunteer my time--it'd be a great learning opportunity, and I'd love to see an editor happen for this awesome product!

9. AlexMmusic1

AlexMmusic1 New Member

May 9, 2015
    Just received the good news that my FaderCtrl has shipped!

10. PulseFront

PulseFront New Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Just received my FaderCtrl and it has just been a pure joy to use! It's helped me in my workflow so much, and I simply love the clean minimalist design. Thanks Corey!

FaderCtrl_2.JPG FaderCtrl_1.JPG

BradHoyt, sixonesevensix and bly like this.
  11. Pixelee

Pixelee Senior Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Is it possible to make it half the height? It would look really sleek.

jason_ likes this.
  12. jason_

jason_ Senior Member

Jul 26, 2015
    +100! Was just thinking the same thing.

Vastman, N.Caffrey and Pixelee like this.
  13. simoniz

simoniz New Member

Dec 16, 2017
    HI
    I was just about to buy Fadermaster, then I saw this!!
    Hi Corey, I want one!
    Whats the lead time ? shipping to Poland.

Thanks
    Simon

14. babylonwaves

babylonwaves Senior Member

May 9, 2015
    another month and still no screenshot. c'mon @CACKLAND, show us something - it's nearly Christmas after all :)

NameOfBand and synthpunk like this.
  15. Nizzle

Nizzle New Member

Jan 5, 2018
    I would like to order one immediately. Ho do I do so?

16. agarner32

agarner32 Senior Member

Nov 7, 2015
    California
    Dang, I ordered a JL Cooper Fadermaster Pro and it's arriving today. That would have been a much cheaper way to go. Although the Fadermaster does have the ability to have multiple pages for it's 8 faders. The FaderCtl looks great though and smaller.

17. thereus

thereus Senior Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Hello,

Can I order one of these at the moment?

If so, how?

18. pisskeule

pisskeule Member

Jul 10, 2017
    I have a spare unit, bought two and would like to sell #2. PM me if you're interested.
    Cheers,
    Clem

19. PMortise

PMortise Senior Member

May 4, 2009
    +1

20. kgdrum

kgdrum Senior Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Hi
    I'm thinking about getting FaderCtrl and have a few basic questions.

I have a 2012 MacPro,will FaderCtrl run off of USB2? I don't have an available slot for a USB3 card.

Also a question concerning the bundled Arduino software, is it easy to assign CC's to get up and running for someone that's not well versed in this sort of control application?

Does not having dedicated FaderCtrl software hinder the usability and ease of use of FaderCtrl?

Are people that purchased and are using FaderCtrl still happy with the purchase & build quality?

Thanks

KG

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018