1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook groups that share cracked plugins

Discussion in 'Working in the Industry' started by gsilbers, Feb 12, 2018.

1. gsilbers

gsilbers Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com

just seems that companies should sue Facebook for allowing this.
    Plus there is no way of reporting it to Facebook. They only take the offensive reports. And mods don’t care.
    I covered the links below. But it’s a ton of people asking all day every day on where to get this Or that plugin.
    I’m sure there are tons of other groups like this.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2018 at 10:31 AM
  2. AllanH

AllanH Senior Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Central Coast California
    It's pretty amazing that both Facebook and e.g. Youtube get away with monetizing theft.

3. itstav

itstav Senior Member

4. RRBE Sound

RRBE Sound Senior Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Denmark
  5. wst3

wst3 my office these days

Apr 2, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    I'd say this is unbelievable, but sadly, I believe.

6. Paul Grymaud

Paul Grymaud Senior Member

You haven't seen nothing yet ! No need to post on Facebook.
    With kisses from Russia...

[MOD: I removed the link. Please don't post links to anything illegal.]

ordi_017.gif

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2018 at 10:26 AM
  7. Desire Inspires

Desire Inspires Senior Member

Jul 30, 2016
    Miami Beach
    I think the OP is secretly a pirate or

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2018 at 10:26 AM
  8. OP
    OP
    gsilbers

gsilbers Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com

:)

I also worked in post and it was funny how much there is copyright protection for movies (or distirbutors going after infrigements) but in other languages you can see anything in youtube, facebook etc.

so its like.. hey, its spanish or french so no one cares... yet its sooooo many views and downloads.
    and those companies (FB and YT) are in the US so its not like companies here coudnt do anything.

so i dont know much aboutlaws specially cyberlaws but seems that U-he or fox or whatever could eaisly say, hey there are 300k views on my movies and that could of cost 300k X $5. and do that per movie and video. or per download etc.

but no, these YT and FB cover themselves by saying , hey its not me who uploaded it, i just have a platform where poeple do their stuff freely.
    yet, if Starz decided to say.. "hey.. we just left the door to the tape broadcast room open for anyone to come over and hang out.. and there if you want to show avatar or star wars... its your responsability not ours..." how do you think that will play out? (Lawsuit to starz of course)

and you see the billion of dollars n profits these tehc copanies make.

9. Nick Batzdorf

Nick Batzdorf Moderator

Sep 14, 2004
    Los Angeles
    People, please don't post links or even enough information for people to find illegal stuff.

I removed the link to the Russian site and - just to be safe - censored the name in gslibers' screen dump.

Polkasound, Mike Greene and MatFluor like this.
  10. Paul Grymaud

Hi Nick,

You're absolutely right. Sorry, I didn't want to make their publicity...

grosse_punition.gif

Polkasound and Nick Batzdorf like this.
  11. kitekrazy

kitekrazy Senior Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Too much policing to do. That's why it takes individuals to report it. Usually you have to search for the links to report illegal activity. Also some developers have links to report piracy.

12. emasters

emasters Senior Member

Jun 18, 2013
    This also amazes me.

13. AllanH

AllanH Senior Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Central Coast California
    @kitekrazy - Kudos to you for persisting.

14. Daryl

Daryl Senior Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Not sure how Youtube monetizes theft, except with the permission of the Copyright owner.

15. Desire Inspires

Jul 30, 2016
    Miami Beach
    I am happy that this stuff about piracy doesn’t worry me.

Is it right? No, but what in the world is right and just and fair these days? I would hate to live my life worried and stressed out about such trivial matters. Even composing music is such a silly endeavor sometimes.

People are worried about other people stealing and selling software, about tech companies making money, about how many views and like other people are getting, and even about getting in trouble from moderators about telling on other people.

Meanwhile the world keeps spinning and life moves forward. Do you see the silliness in all of this?

Take a holiday and forget about all of this craziness.

16. alanmcp

alanmcp Member

Dec 19, 2016
    Scotland
    Desire Inspires - well ,you obviously havn't put any effort into producing software that requires a lot of money to start up, with sometimes years in the making, for it to be simply downloaded freely?
    Comparing trivial matters like facebook views, likes, etc with people's incomes and jobs is totally unfair and wrong on your part.
    Yes, the world carries on but we have to live on it and scratch an income to support our families.

17. mouse

mouse Senior Member

Oct 20, 2016
    For those who feel compelled to argue with Desire Inspires take a look at his post history and you'll see how he's clearly a troll. Don't get sucked into it :)

18. Paul Grymaud

98323781.gif troll.jpg

Desire Inspires likes this.
  19. Desire Inspires

Jul 30, 2016
    Miami Beach

Ah, good old mouse always there to show some love. Happy Valentine’s Day!