What's new

Facebook Group with scoring challenges

markcumbria

Hi everyone. Recently my Facebook suggested a group for me. Basically every couple of weeks the group organisers post a video for scoring, there’s a deadline to submit work, then others group members can comment on your work. It sounds a good way to be motivated to write regularly.
Stupidly, I didn’t join the group when it popped up, and now I cannot find it again. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
I think the group name consisted of letters - CCMC or whatever.
Many thanks.

Film Scoring and Orchestration Applied by Vic Jones?

PeteH pointed out, The ARC, Audio Rescore Challenge, which I run. It's almost entirely focused on practicing your craft on a variety of platforms.

Every month I drop a piece of footage and the members use this as an educational opportunity to push their scoring limits, I try to keep the clips around 2:30 - 3mins, turnaround time is usually 2-3 weeks. Then on delivery date, you drop it in the submission post and users watch them and comment with feedback. All educational and recreational, no commercial use. This month, it's a scene from The Last of Us.

I also promote the CueTube within the ARC as Bryan Waters was looking to spread the word. He's a great guy (so friendly and active) and doing some amazing work. His Re-scoring events are more flexible, and also have incredible rewards. The CueTube is growing fast,and giving some amazing opportunities and prizes.

Thank you! Yes, it was Film Scoring and Orchestration Applied that I saw.
I really enjoyed working on the current Cue Tube challenge, and I'm now writing something for this year's Score the World.
As a newbie at creating music to images with a DAW (though not to composing) it's great to have something to focus on.
I'll definitely join both these Facebook groups.
Thanks again,
Mark

Top Bottom