What's new

Facebook Group with scoring challenges

markcumbria

Hi everyone. Recently my Facebook suggested a group for me. Basically every couple of weeks the group organisers post a video for scoring, there’s a deadline to submit work, then others group members can comment on your work. It sounds a good way to be motivated to write regularly.
Stupidly, I didn’t join the group when it popped up, and now I cannot find it again. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
I think the group name consisted of letters - CCMC or whatever.
Many thanks.

OP
M

markcumbria

Thanks Peter.
That's not the group I saw, but I'm certainly going to take a look.

Peter Satera

Hungry Member
Film Scoring and Orchestration Applied by Vic Jones?

PeteH pointed out, The ARC, Audio Rescore Challenge, which I run. It's almost entirely focused on practicing your craft on a variety of platforms.

Every month I drop a piece of footage and the members use this as an educational opportunity to push their scoring limits, I try to keep the clips around 2:30 - 3mins, turnaround time is usually 2-3 weeks. Then on delivery date, you drop it in the submission post and users watch them and comment with feedback. All educational and recreational, no commercial use. This month, it's a scene from The Last of Us.

I also promote the CueTube within the ARC as Bryan Waters was looking to spread the word. He's a great guy (so friendly and active) and doing some amazing work. His Re-scoring events are more flexible, and also have incredible rewards. The CueTube is growing fast,and giving some amazing opportunities and prizes.

OP
M

markcumbria

Thank you! Yes, it was Film Scoring and Orchestration Applied that I saw.
I really enjoyed working on the current Cue Tube challenge, and I'm now writing something for this year's Score the World.
As a newbie at creating music to images with a DAW (though not to composing) it's great to have something to focus on.
I'll definitely join both these Facebook groups.
Thanks again,
Mark

Top Bottom