What's new

F. Russ midi mockup program question

g.c.

Hi
I'm not sure that this in the correct department, but I wanted to direct this to Mr. Russ, pertaining to his Midi Mockup program.
Mr. Russ, I'm interested in your program.
In following the link it looks as if "Schedule a consult" takes us to the Pay Pal signup for the program.
The $25 is a shockingly low price, its not about the money, but the text in the email implied (to me) that you are doing this on a limited basis, and I wouldn't want to take a slot if it meant that someone else more geared towards film scoring, and needing your input in preparing themselves so as to feed their family got bumped.
I am not a film composer. The "30" pieces seem more related to film cues then 20th century classical. Thus is the goal of your teaching more directed towards creating "Epic" approaches then to say mocking up the Barber Adagio, Big Band jazz, String-W.W. quartets, etc. .
I would also like to know how you approach the "one on ones" with people such as myself who do not live in L.A. ?
Thanks.
Garr Crowley
[email protected]
1-707-407-0066

Hi Garr, yes it is a shockingly low price available only for a short time. You are essentially buying two 30 minute segments once per month. We listen together to one of your cues either by phone or by SKYPE and begin to identify issues and ways to circumvent them. Then we can do email check ins to measure progress. There is no shortage of sample libraries and virtual instruments. What's needed is how to use them effectively in a balanced template where all instruments sections, regardless of what sample libraries you're using, play together in the same space with attention to detail, orchestration, arrangement, points of interest etc. We'll go over anything that can spoil the illusion of "real" in MIDI Mockup land because music supervisors have ears that are far more in tune and looking for that now than ever –– which can spell the difference between whether you're hired or not. Consider this service as a second set of ears from someone not afraid to tell you the truth about your mockup and give solid tips on what you can do to improve it. We go as fast or as slow as you want.

Hi Garr, yes it is a shockingly low price available only for a short time. You are essentially buying two 30 minute segments once per month. We listen together to one of your cues either by phone or by SKYPE and begin to identify issues and ways to circumvent them. Then we can do email check ins to measure progress. There is no shortage of sample libraries and virtual instruments. What's needed is how to use them effectively in a balanced template where all instruments sections, regardless of what sample libraries you're using, play together in the same space with attention to detail, orchestration, arrangement, points of interest etc. We'll go over anything that can spoil the illusion of "real" in MIDI Mockup land because music supervisors have ears that are far more in tune and looking for that now than ever –– which can spell the difference between whether you're hired or not. Consider this service as a second set of ears from someone not afraid to tell you the truth about your mockup and give solid tips on what you can do to improve it. We go as fast or as slow as you want.

Hi Frederik.
I'm on my way out the door, but will PayPal you later today and wait for instructions. And I remember your Vi Mag pieces, still look at them. Then last night , out of the blue, I found on my Voice Mail a call from Nick. Haven't talked to him for awhile. World's closing in, Frederik. I need to go back up to Montana and hide and where DSL is attached to Elk horns and is only available when they're up and feeding.
Talk to you soon.
The best.
Garr

If I could add a question as well ....
Would there be a minimum practical amount of libraries needed for it to be worth while with
this sort of tutoring or would one be enough to get some general practical know how.

Thanks

Frederick sounds like a wonderful opportunity for everyone starting to do Mockup. And very economical price also for your trained ears. Wishing you great success with this.

Top Bottom