What's new

EZ Drummer upgrade ending

musicalweather

Hello all,

I got an email from Toontrack today stating that the EZ Drummer upgrade (to EZD 2) will be discontinued at the end of December. Granted, the difference between the upgrade price and full price is not huge (about $80), but I can't help but feel annoyed by this. Why not let the upgrade option continue indefinitely?

Just wondered what you all thought.

playz123

I guess if someone is still using the original version, they would also expect support for it, and perhaps Toontrack just wants to focus on the newer version? As technology changes it does become harder to support older versions, and certainly they are not the first company to not keep upgrade offers alive indefinitely. Of course, I have no factual information as to why they are making this decision, so this is just guessing, :) but I also don't feel their decision is anything unusual. I'd simply say to any one who hasn't upgraded yet to so so while you still can. IMHO, version2 is certainly worth the price.

kitekrazy

Hello all,

I got an email from Toontrack today stating that the EZ Drummer upgrade (to EZD 2) will be discontinued at the end of December. Granted, the difference between the upgrade price and full price is not huge (about $80), but I can't help but feel annoyed by this. Why not let the upgrade option continue indefinitely?

Just wondered what you all thought.

$99 from Toontrack. I've bought more for XLN's Addictive Drums not because it's better but it's more value. Any AD pack comes with their audio engine. So I will pass on EZD. I'd rather wait for a good crossgrade to Superior.

OP
musicalweather

musicalweather

Well, made the upgrade to EZD 2 today. (A 20% off coupon from Toontrack helped ease the blow). I must say, it was worth it. The Power Hand editing feature alone is probably worth it -- it's very fast and efficient and opens up lots of new creative possibilities. Haven't yet tried the Tap to Find search feature, but I can see where I'm probably going to make good use of it. Two new kits and new mixer presets on all my EZX libraries -- pretty cool.

dimtsak

Well, made the upgrade to EZD 2 today. (A 20% off coupon from Toontrack helped ease the blow). I must say, it was worth it. The Power Hand editing feature alone is probably worth it -- it's very fast and efficient and opens up lots of new creative possibilities. Haven't yet tried the Tap to Find search feature, but I can see where I'm probably going to make good use of it. Two new kits and new mixer presets on all my EZX libraries -- pretty cool.

Do you know how can i get such a coupon?
Because i am on the fench for the upgrade.
Though i don't like these "now or never" kind of things.

OP
musicalweather

musicalweather

The promotion code is ttexclusive20discount

Expires on the 31st. If you're upgrading, the webshop with the discount code, is probably the cheapest way. If you're buying for the first time, you might check other retailers, since the TT website prices are always a little bit higher than elsewhere.

Morodiene

Senior Moment
I didn't work with EZD, but I did buy EZD2 and really found it easy to work with. The Tap to Find and Power Hand stuff made it really easy to work with, being a non-drummer myself.

Top Bottom