Extended for 24hrs: Drum Fury - Apocalyptic Drums - 50% off Intro Pricing

Soundhound

I'd agree with that. Some of the instruments have 6 or so layers (bass drums...), others (big cinematic hits etc.) not as much. Little expertise on this kind of stuff though, others should have better info for you, just threw that in here since I was using it the other day...

Hi JohnG,

I just installed Drum Fury, and it does respond quite nicely to lower dynamic playing. But, I think the main focus with some of the epic sounds is the mid-high level dynamics, since that's their forte.

Here is a fast noodle I did using one of the Toms ensemble patches, played in real time with various dynamics.

I will post more feedback on my experience with this library.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/toms-test-1-mp3.18691/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Damarus

Hi JohnG,

I just installed Drum Fury, and it does respond quite nicely to lower dynamic playing. But, I think the main focus with some of the epic sounds is the mid-high level dynamics, since that's their forte.

Here is a fast noodle I did using one of the Toms ensemble patches, played in real time with various dynamics.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/toms-test-1-mp3.18691/][/AUDIOPLUS]
Those Toms sound good. You mentioned you have other percussion libraries that cover what this one does. Which ones do you have and do you feel like this fits in well?

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
I do not regret it (I have all Stormdrum libs, Hollywood Perc, Albions and MAs, In Session Audio stuff, Soundiron Apoc, everything that comes with Komplete Ultimate Collectors, and some misc stuff such as 8dio). It has some things I didn't have, but it REALLY has that sound...I'll say it again, rich, simple and thick!

It might be one of the best percussion deals out there. I saw the Impact Soundworks deal but this had more variety and a heavier sound. The sound can be adjusted obviously to fit your needs. Great spaces used in the sampling process as well.
Tried for this type Reply over on SAMPLE Talk, but not much yet. Have some of above libs and LADD, yet main concern is simply to avoid massive duplication. Seems this is not an issue with Drum Fury.

muziksculp

Those Toms sound good. You mentioned you have other percussion libraries that cover what this one does. Which ones do you have and do you feel like this fits in well?
Hi Damarus,

I feel it would be easy to fit Drum Fury's sounds into any type of production, some engineering to the mix might be needed, but that would be the case with most libraries.

I have many Perc. libraries to list, but most of the well known titles from Heavyocity, ProjectSam, Orchestral Tools, Spitfire Audio, NI, ...etc.

brynolf

Over a hundred Kontakt patches? Sounds very unwieldy. Are there any "kit" patches so you can use most of the library using only... say... eight patches?

reutunes

Over a hundred Kontakt patches? Sounds very unwieldy. Are there any "kit" patches so you can use most of the library using only... say... eight patches?
Yes... there are quite a few of those patches, at least there are for some of the bigger drums. I tried to explain it in the walkthrough video but maybe didn't do a good enough job.

The 50% offer is still valid for the next few hours HERE plus I've just realised you could use the old code fb0412 to knock another $10 off. Bargain!

Last edited:

whitewasteland

After a couple of hours playing with the library, all I can say is this is a fantastic deal.

There is justy so much content here. The sound quality of the samples is phenomenal and it's a real pleasure playing those instruments. I mostly bought this for "Trailerish" percussions, but I can see myself using them in a more classical orchestral situation as well.

My only complain would be the general patch organization and consistency (recorded articulations, mic positions). If you're a bit of a psychorigid like me, who wants everything to be perfectly organized "a la Orchestral Tools" with same articulations and mic positions across all instruments, you may have a hard time figuring how you're going to take advantage of those 100 patches. You just have to accept to do things a bit differently here, and it really won't take you long to feel right at home with Drum Fury.

brynolf

Ah, Reuben's video absolutely mentioned the "grouped" patches. I must start to pay better attention.

Sumfing's wrong with the countdown timer though... It was 1 day 10 hours left yesterday, and now it's still 1 day 8 hours :cautious:

jacobthestupendous

not that stupendous
Ah, Reuben's video absolutely mentioned the "grouped" patches. I must start to pay better attention.

Sumfing's wrong with the countdown timer though... It was 1 day 10 hours left yesterday, and now it's still 1 day 8 hours :cautious:
Yeah, and the email they sent yesterday has another different counter too. Seems none of the counters can be trusted, and you should just buy it right now.:grin:

Hi JohnG,

Thanks Muziksculp. I can resist anything except temptation. Drat. Caved. Buying. :)

Got Drum Fury and very glad I did. Sample Logic totally nailed this one. The sounds are very easy to configure, with a lot of diversity, and a really great intro discount. I expect to get a lot of milleage from this library.