EXS24 - Logic X round robin issue

A3D2

Hi there,

I made a 3RR EXS24 instrument with the logic X built-in EXS round robin function, but I noticed that when I play and hold a chord for example and try to play a melody on top of that chord, the melody part won't trigger all 3RR layers, but stays on 1 RR layer. When I play random notes without holding notes down, all RR works as it should.
Any advice on how I can fix this?

Thanks for the help as always :)

charlieclouser

Yes, this is an issue with EXS - it doesn't advance to the next RR group until all held notes have been released, instead of the desired and correct behavior found in other samplers like Kontakt, which would be to advance to the next RR group with each note-on event regardless of whether any notes are still being held.

So, it's not you, it's EXS.

OP
A3D2

A3D2

Yes, this is an issue with EXS - it doesn't advance to the next RR group until all held notes have been released, instead of the desired and correct behavior found in other samplers like Kontakt, which would be to advance to the next RR group with each note-on event regardless of whether any notes are still being held.

So, it's not you, it's EXS.
Thanks for the reply guys... I thought I had done something wrong. Good to know it's an existing EXS issue. I'll try to send an email to the Logic X team over at Apple ;)