EW Stormdrum 3 - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by sIR dORT, Apr 8, 2019.

1. sIR dORT

sIR dORT Active Member

Oct 26, 2018
    I've been looking for a lib with the kind of drum sounds Powell uses on a lot of his scores (not epic or super ethnic, just... earthy??). This seems like a pretty close bet. What do you guys think about it? Would it be good for Powell-esk percussion?

2. Johnny

Johnny Active Member

Pretty 'Earthy' alright! 9/10 I end up using SD3 over Damage merely because of the life it breaths into ethnic/culturally influenced scores- like Powell's

sIR dORT and jamwerks like this.
  3. artmuz

artmuz Active Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Finland
    Nice palette of instruments and no round robin problems like in the precedent SD.

sIR dORT likes this.
  4. JohnG

JohnG Senior Member

Nov 13, 2007
    California
    "Not epic or super ethnic" is a pretty accurate description. Mind you, SD3 does feature lots of ethnic drums as well, but you can EQ stuff and torture it if you want to split the difference with something like Damage. You start with a superbly-recorded acoustic sound and it's up to the user to make it more "modern" if you like that.

SILK and SD3 are two of their absolute best libraries.

[note: I have received free products from East West]

sIR dORT likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    sIR dORT

sIR dORT Active Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Ok. Is there any library that would better accomplish that Powell-esk sound, or is SD3 a good bet?

6. Sean

Sean I don't know what I'm talking about

Apr 5, 2019
    You could try EW's Composer Cloud for a month to try out SD3. $30 1 month trial basically.

7. Rap-sody

Rap-sody Music... again and again

Aug 29, 2017
    Stormdrum is an awesome library. Massive epic and ethnic sounds.

X-Bassist likes this.