What's new

EW Stormdrum 3 Tempo Sync?

zeng

composer
Hello,

I have Stormdrum 3 and there are many phrases many rolls in nearly all patches like daikos, frame drums, shakers etc. But they have fixed tempos, so I can not sync them to my rhythms because of tempo. They are not synced to my DAWs tempo, they all play independently. So how do you use them??

I tend to use them in fairly sparse contexts, usually to set a mood, where perfect timing isn't critical. A lot of "render in place and move it around until it feels good" happening, too. If something is close but not quite there I use the Cubase warp tool. Not ideal, of course, but I'd rather have these expressive rolls on top of all the tempo-synced grooves and deep sampling than not at all :)

I'm actually surprised how much use I find for them; they add a nice touch of realism. If you don't come right with them, though, the kits are versatile enough to put together pretty convincing phrases without them.

If you have Kontakt or equivalent engine you may sample a phrase and use Time machine slicing to conform it to the tempo. Another way is to use your daw tempo conforming algorithm

Top Bottom