What's new

EW Spaces II - Anyone upgrading?

I know I'm a little late to the party but I got it during the New Years sales. I am in love with the Reynolds hall. Just a little bit of tweaking on the levels brought the EWHO to life. It's a little bit of a CPU hog if not running in high latency mode but workable. Sounds stellar!

Wait, what New Years Sale? How much did it cost during this New Years Sale?

I thought it was $299 over Christmas (same as it is now). Was it a different price?
Wasn’t there an up to 60% off sale? I know it wasn’t that much off, but maybe 40%? I do remember comments on how it was on sale so soon after release.

Edit: okay, I can’t find a sale announcement with specifics but I know the EW sale seemed to continue from Black Friday thru the end of the year. I was thinking of buying a few items, but spent too much on OT and I own Spaces II, so it wasn’t one of the ones I was watching. The sale didn’t appear to change throughout the entire holiday based on the ones I was watching. Spaces II was $159.50 during the BF sale.

Last edited:
IIRC some people lucked out and got it for the ~$150 price over Black Friday from third party retailers, but then EW made them raise the price because it was a new product and wasn't actually supposed to have been discounted that much.

Just a quick heads-up, Spaces 2 is currently on sale for $159,60 @ Time+Space and Sweetwater. @Henu

Goddamn, you tagged me and all but somehow I didn't see that alert and the deal passed by. :( Thanks anyway, appreciated!!!

I got it second-hand for 220 € which was an ok deal- and holy crap this sounds GOOD.
And after some more fiddling, I just had to sell the idea to my boss that we need to upgrade our (obsolete) Space 1 licence as soon as possible so we can have Spaces 2 at work too. :D

This is heavily discounted at the moment for a couple of days. I have a ton of reverbs; how does this one compare to the usual suspects?

Whatever I try in my armada: in 95% of all times I am coming back to Spaces when it is about finding the right orchestral reverb. For solo instruments choices may vary since they sometimes have special needs.

This is heavily discounted at the moment for a couple of days. I have a ton of reverbs; how does this one compare to the usual suspects?

I think it's important to recognize what Spaces is: It's a reverb engine comprised of impulse responses from a large number of actual halls, churches, rooms, studios, caverns, etc. The engine itself is very well done and operates with low latency and CPU.

As you would expect, the presents sound different and as such there is no "magic" preset. I love the huge variety and will often audition several presets if I'm looking for a particular sound. I highly recommend it and use Spaces II for something on pretty much all my tracks.

Given that it's a convulsion verb, does it have anymore special sauce than Altiverb?
If you have Altiverb, you probably don't need Spaces. It has different locations but I think you can get a similar sound with Altiverb.

However it is a whole lot cheaper.

Only a $10 price discount for people who already own Spaces 1? Wow! You would think a loyalty discount would be a bit more, but oh well, I guess it's better than nothing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom