What's new

EW Spaces II - Anyone upgrading?

Just came to post the same. Was originally up til end of November. Big promo for East-West.
They must have told others to not adjust prices for Spaces II, voices of Empire and Voices of Soul, since they're classed as new libraries still. Still feel the $150 upgrade price is a bit steep.

Last edited:
They must have told others to not adjust prices for Spaces II, voices of Empire and Voices of Soul, since they're classed as new libraries still. Still feel the $150 upgrade price is a bit steep.
Just got email from JRR and Empire and Soul are still discounted. ???
Is this just Spaces II?

This was not really the solution I was looking, although it makes sense.
And JRR site also has still Empire and Soul -60%. Probably will be taken down at some point.

If anyone is looking for a Spaces II License (not upgrade) PM me. I have one I am selling. It's 300 now, but I am open to offers. I'll take the highest offer. I only have one available.

Clear your browser cache? Mine shows € 299 since yesterday morning. Before that it was that 159 € for some hours.

I haven’t looked tonight but it was definitely still 159 euro at Best Service today.

Edit - But now is 299.

Not a cache issue because I purchased this morning when @good mentioned it. But looks like its gone now.. :sad: still its not usually too long before the next EW sale.

Not a cache issue because I purchased this morning when @good mentioned it. But looks like its gone now.. :sad: still its not usually too long before the next EW sale.

That's true! hopefully the next sale won't class Spaces II as "new" and exclude it from the sale itself! and hopefully includes the upgrade in the sale!

Goddamnit. :( If anyone still sees Spaces II sold somewhere with the discount, please let us others know!

@Quantum Leap

A few questions about Spaces 2:

1. Is there at least one instrument specific impulse each for a small, medium and big sized room/ hall? I am referring to the following instruments: Piano, Winds, Strings, Brass, Perc and Choir.

2. Anyone know of any plans to update the impulse library? Will these updates be free or...?

3. How soon can one realistically expect Spaces 2 to be on sale?

Last edited:
I know I'm a little late to the party but I got it during the New Years sales. I am in love with the Reynolds hall. Just a little bit of tweaking on the levels brought the EWHO to life. It's a little bit of a CPU hog if not running in high latency mode but workable. Sounds stellar!

yes. the hall is quite nice. lots of nice new spaces as well. However, i wonder how would Spaces 2 compared with Seventh Heaven

yes. the hall is quite nice. lots of nice new spaces as well. However, i wonder how would Spaces 2 compared with Seventh Heaven

As someone who recently compared the two head to head in real world mixes I happened to be doing when I pulled the demos...I bought SpacesII. I don't think they're comparable at all. For better or worse, I suppose. To me, 7th Heaven was a typical mono summing "lexi sounding" lush reverb. Nice...but, is there someone who doesn't HAVE that at this point? Meanwhile, the EW has a real stereo input matrix. I could finally outdo my old Kurzweil hardware for "band" ambience. Strings on the Hollywood scoring stages was just lovely.

Do keep in mind...I'm a "band" guy....not an orchestral guy....obviously YMMV.

I don't think 7th Heaven is mono summing.

While youre right, technically, in order to explain what I mean: its like every Lexicon Ive ever used. Feeds left and right into a sausage maker on the beginning of the algorithm which respects nearly none of the stereo placement its sent. We used to not waste a second aux send on the board for units like that. Back when those kinds of resources were so finite. ;)

That is a majority of software reverbs, yet, I dont think Ive ever met a hardware reverb that wasnt Lexicon that worked that way. Maybe some inexpensive 1980s boxes....but, not for a long time.

I shouldnt causally toss out terms that arent strictly true. Since there may be reverbs that literally sum the two inputs completely.

Also, it should be noted due to thread title, I didnt own SpacesI....so, I dont know how it compares-didnt “upgrade” strictly speaking.

Top Bottom