1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evolution Series - End of Year Sale 2017- Up to 50% off! Finished!! :)

Discussion in 'DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!' started by pulse, Dec 1, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    pulse

pulse Senior Member

Hi TigerTheFrog very happy you like Yasin's demos... they wonderfully demonstrate these instruments. Big Thanks for Yasin for posting them! We spent a huge amount of time on the Middle East section. It might seem like there are not as many instruments but what you get is a great level of detail. I still have nightmares of when we sampled the darabukas ;)

As for updates... nothing to report but rest assured we still have big plans for World Percussion.

2. OP
    OP
    pulse

pulse Senior Member

Thanks Quasar for your kind words! Also I believe your download issue should now be resolved :)

Quasar likes this.
  3. Brendon Williams

Brendon Williams Senior Member

Apr 17, 2014
    The darbukas are some of my absolute favorites, so whatever you did absolutely paid off!

pulse likes this.
  4. TigerTheFrog

TigerTheFrog Senior Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    Got World Percussion Middle East. Wow! Yasin was not exaggerating. I have a lot of percussion libraries, but this is something truly extraordinary. One of my favorite libraries of any kind.

I'm going to buy the Africa collection too before the sale ends.

pulse and paulmatthew like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    pulse

pulse Senior Member

Many thanks :) I was blown away by how many different techniques they could do... ultimately we had 2 paths to go down when recording World Percussion. Sample fewer instruments in more detail or more instruments in less detail. We obviously chose the more detailed route. It sure was a wee journey! But I personally felt it was worth the extra effort.

Brendon Williams likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    pulse

pulse Senior Member

Wow wonderful to hear your enjoying the sounds! Thanks for the great feedback :) Africa and Middle East are 2 of my favourite regions... I'm just a sucker for world sounds!

7. Grizzlymv

Grizzlymv Senior Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Canada
    I did try the Africa collection in a track I'm working on and I must say that I'm really impressed. It definitely add depth and make the track sound powerful. Sound quality is definitely there! Great work, and makes me eager to try some other regions now. ;)

pulse likes this.
  8. Quasar

Quasar Senior Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I got Europe to add to Asia and Africa (Africa will make you go "Wow!" too.)

I'm going to get Middle East before the sale ends.

TigerTheFrog and pulse like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    pulse

pulse Senior Member

Many thanks :)

10. OP
    OP
    pulse

pulse Senior Member

Cool I'm sure you'll enjoy the Middle Eastern sounds :)

11. N.Caffrey

N.Caffrey Senior Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Just got Africa :)

pulse likes this.
  12. TigerTheFrog

Nov 18, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    On Sunday I went to see "The Band's Visit" on Broadway and got to hear a superb middle eastern band on stage, who also served as members of the cast. Most of the music was background to the action, but there were some truly awesome darbuka and violin solos that brought the house down. Thrilling. It got me jazzed up not only to get the Middle East library but also to hear more live middle eastern music locally. I've mostly been hearing it by frequenting YouTube. If you can see that show I recommend it as highly as I do the middle eastern library.

On an unrelated note, I recommend Zero-G's recently released Middle Eastern Percussion module because of the 1000 MIDI files from all over the middle east that come with it. It's an education in different cultures and style. The sounds are not in the same league as Evolution, but the playing behind the MIDI files can add to the value of your evolution middle east library.

pulse likes this.
  13. Quasar

Quasar Senior Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I wish you could just get the MIDI files by themselves and inexpensively. I checked into the Zero-G thing when it was released, and wasn't wowed by the sample quality. But I'm a big fan of MIDI as an educational tool for exploring hitherto unfamiliar styles of music.

14. ysnyvz

ysnyvz Senior Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Actually I made hundreds of extra midi grooves for most instruments and multis in the library. Once we update the engine like Taiko library, they will be included.

15. TigerTheFrog

Nov 18, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    The company that made the Eastern Percussion Module, Findasound, sells a beat collections, like Oriental Grooves, Desert Beats, Made in Tunisia, etc, but they are loops and not MIDI files. More importantly, they cost $40 each, and the Zero-G product is only $50 or so. From that perspective, the EPM is arguably worth it for the MIDI files alone. Each style comes with variations, like EZDrummer.

Even if you don't want to use the sounds, simply by playing it, it is an educational tool. You can go online and learn more about the various styles of music.

There is one caveat. When you play your keyboard with EPM, sometimes one key can trigger a loop--like a darbuka pattern--or a roll. So you can't make everything sound exactly the same from the MIDI patterns unless you always use them to drive EPM. But my experiments have shown that I can get some great results driving world drums of all sorts with the EPM MIDI patterns.

Quasar likes this.
  16. ysnyvz

ysnyvz Senior Member

Apr 24, 2011
  17. OP
    OP
    pulse

pulse Senior Member

I agree anything to help the learning process. I remember when I had to create the original grooves for World Percussion... Youtube was my friend :)

Quasar likes this.
  18. kimarnesen

kimarnesen Composer

Feb 12, 2014
    The Daff in the Middle East library, does it have the jingles?

pulse likes this.
  19. TigerTheFrog

Nov 18, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    Yes.

pulse and kimarnesen like this.
  20. Arviwan

Arviwan Senior Member

Jul 21, 2016
    France
    Hello Pulse, i'm interested in your instruments :), but i have a question : on BestService's website they're selling "World Percussion 2.0" for Kontakt 5; is it the same package as "World Percussion Core" on your website ? thanks

pulse likes this.