What's new

Eventide

I like it! But... I think you should work on that bass (organ?) it doesn't sit well, never glues with the rest. Now that's a mixing thing. But what bothered me the most was the bass notes being almost all the time ahead of everything. You might wanna take a look at that :)

Last edited:
I like it! But... I think you should work on that bass (organ?) it doesn't sit well, never glues with the rest. Now that's a mixing thing. But what bothered me the most was the bass notes being almost all the time ahead of everything. You might wanna take a look at that :)

Thanks it's a Moog Sub, need to increase the delay to make it fit with the laggy strings! You're monitors must be better than mine ;)

I really enjoyed listening to this, thanks for sharing it. The bass notes were ok for me... maybe you changed it in the meantime.

Beautiful... Strings are great, I'm agree with SolarCell about the sub, but only at some precise moments where it comes ahead.

I've always loved this hymn. So tell us more about the instruments that went into your arrangement besides the sub (which I like).

It's a large mix of different string libraries:

Spitfire Hans Zimmer Strings (mainly the Scandi stuff( for the intro and first verse with Spitfire Chamber Strings as well to give it substance over the Scandi longs. A little bit of Orchestral Swarm (horns) in there for colour.

Low Brass from Albion 5 Tundra, Hi Woods from Albion One (the arranged patch), Trumpets from Spitfire Symphonic Brass (Solo and a2).

Second verse is the new Spitfire Solo Strings playing as a quintet (double solo violins) with then Spitfire Symphonic Strings coming in in the last bit for the body.

The sub is very much ahead sometimes, yes, and very audible. But it should be easy to fix. Also, there are a few disconnected notes here and there that I guess are personal preference, but may need some tweaking (eg. once SSS comes in near the end). But overall very nice. I wonder if you could extend it a bit at the end with a smooth soft repeating of the main tune? With string flautandos maybe?

Top Bottom