Eventide SP2016 Reverb - Is it a good plug-in?

Discussion in 'Mixing, Post-Production, and Effects' started by pfmusic, Oct 10, 2018.

1. pfmusic

pfmusic Senior Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Glasgow
    I've got a few reverb plug-ins from Valhalla and other bits here and there.

Saw a few comments about this new plug-in from Eventide but would love to hear if it's a worthwhile inclusion?

Thanks
    Patrick

2. al_net77

al_net77 Senior Member

Oct 2, 2017
    Italia
    IMHO yes, very clean sound and quality. And for 70$ is quite a no-brainer...

pfmusic likes this.
  3. Sanlky

Sanlky Active Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Argentina
    It is good, it doesnt sound like the original hardware, since it had converters which make it sound "vintage", and the plug in dont have that vintage nice sounding.

I generally use it when i need an instrument to be placed back on the mix, and EQ its not enough, also if you want to emulate what happens on the back of the room, its quite helpful, since it doesnt consume much CPU you can use many instance to place in different places of the room, few plug ins accomplish this good, but for me, for percussions, brasses, Harps tends to benefit a lot from this plug in. Its how you mix it, this plug in could be useful or useless since it doesnt sounds awesome as many other plug ins, but it do great what it does, i got mine on an eventide sale and worth every penny.

pfmusic likes this.
  4. tmhuud

tmhuud Brown Belt

Nov 19, 2006
    Hollywood
    It’s in my top 20

fixxer49 and pfmusic like this.
  5. storyteller

storyteller Senior Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Haha. Ranked behind, which ones may I ask (reverbs specifically)?

6. wst3

wst3 my office these days

Apr 2, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    I was fortunate enough to use an Eventide Princeton 2016 a long time ago. At the time it was one of my favorite reverbs. When Eventide released the 2016 Room I grabbed it. And it gets a lot of use, alongside reverb plugins from Exponential Audio, Valhalla, Liquidsonics, UA, and others. No one reverb (yet) covers all the bases.

At the intro price this is a steal! It just sounds great!

heisenberg and pfmusic like this.
  7. tmhuud

tmhuud Brown Belt

Nov 19, 2006
    Hollywood
    Off the top of my head, here are a few:
    Bricasti M7 (ignore if you weren't interested in hardware being ranked)
    Space Designer (because I know it better than anything else and it does some other really fucked up things tempo related that you can spend hours getting lost on.
    Seventh Heaven
    LEXi Bundle- Random Hall
    SPAT
    Vienna Suite (Convo) - Something really special
    Valhalla Vintage Verb
    UAD EMT 140
    2CAudio Ether
    Eventide2016 (I have to confess though I use this mostly in a plugin chain with 5 or so other plugins (some delays, eq's and other reverbs) I think Alan Meyerson showed me this setup. I use it to bring a really special spacial sound to solo winds. Its sheer magic and if you take the 2016 out of the chain it all falls apart.
    Fabfiler PRO-R
    [EDIT]
    And EW SPACES

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    storyteller likes this.
  8. gsilbers

gsilbers Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com

not sure if its the same or if it maters in this context but it also has the position slider which is soemthing alan mayerson uses to push back instruments that are too close or harsh sounding.

9. Henu

Henu Senior Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Finland
    I got so annoyed with always hunting for a reverb that's "best bang for buck" or using impulses that are just too static, that I ended up buying the whole Lexicon PCM bundle last week. Right now it feels one of the best investments I've done for a long time!

10. lumcas

lumcas Senior Member

Jul 20, 2008
    To the OP

Don't want to sound like a broken record, but there's a 30 day fully functional demo for any Eventide plugin.
    Don't be lazy and grab it here...:)

https://www.eventideaudio.com/plugin_demo

That will be worth more than any advice or a thousand reviews. We cannot try before buy majority of Kontakt libraries, but now it's your turn and I mean it in a good way. In 30 minutes you will know ins and outs, the sound, GUI and will be able to judge for yourself.

I can tell you I like it a lot (and I like the old one too and the upgrade price is a no brainer, game changer, whatever) but no one can tell you if it's a worthwhile inclusion for YOU.

pfmusic likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    pfmusic

pfmusic Senior Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Glasgow
    Thanks, going to buy this. :)

lumcas likes this.