What's new

Eventide ShimmerVerb

DovesGoWest

Has anyone bought the new ShimmerVerb from Eventide yet? any thoughts?

I was actually looking at the Valhalla Shimmer as a lot of ambient stuff uses it, but after comparing it to the Eventide they seem to be identical to me however Eventide is on the intro offer of $39 and the Valhalla is $50

Yeah I bought it. Sounds great! I love Shimmer Verbs. I've only used it on a Piano part so far. I also have Valhalla Shimmer but haven't compared the two. Either way, $39 is a steal. I couldn't pass that up. $39 for an Eventide plugin? Great price.

Yeah I bought it. Sounds great! I love Shimmer Verbs. I've only used it on a Piano part so far. I also have Valhalla Shimmer but haven't compared the two. Either way, $39 is a steal. I couldn't pass that up. $39 for an Eventide plugin? Great price.
Yeah i wasnt particularly looking but then saw the $39 and the wallet groaned

Yeah i wasnt particularly looking but then saw the $39 and the wallet groaned

Exactly. It's one of those things. Suddenly, 3 months down the line you think, "I have a great plugin for this track" and then it comes in handy! I would never normally just buy plugins like that but I do have Eventides Black Hole and I love that so it was worth taking a punt.

Hugely different reverb types, BUT must choose only one : Eventide ShimmerVerb @ $39. or R4 Upgrade from PhoenixVerb @ $29. Long term buy (not for current projects). On pre cost-saving basis, R4 is great option.
Is this a 'flip-a-coin' choice, or something notable to factor in ?

(edit) Oops ! Should have mentioned having Exponential R2. Likely this impacts R4 incremental benefit ??

Last edited:
Hugely different reverb types, BUT must choose only one : Eventide ShimmerVerb @ $39. or R4 Upgrade from PhoenixVerb @ $29. Long term buy (not for current projects). On pre cost-saving basis, R4 is great option.
Is this a 'flip-a-coin' choice, or something notable to factor in ?

(edit) Oops ! Should have mentioned having Exponential R2. Likely this impacts R4 incremental benefit ??

I would say at this price point you should buy both. I mean, a pizza order and a few beers would probably cost more. Depends on how much of an alcoholic you are of course! :laugh:

I would say at this price point you should buy both. I mean, a pizza order and a few beers would probably cost more. Depends on how much of an alcoholic you are of course! :laugh:

So true ..... comparisons here, with Valhalla Shimmer, make Eventide Shimmer Intro a solid choice. If R4 adds enough beyond R2 (for my capabilities) then easy add. THX ! :thumbsup:

Hey, is it possible to recreate the sound of Valhalla Shimmer with this ShimmerVerb?
I found it to sound quite different in one important way, the Eventide one was very heavy on the 'ocatving' effect whereas VH was more subtle, and like a lush ethereal tail which I preferred... But i'm sure the world is full of people who really love the octaving effect some shimmer reverbs create...

Both can be demoed, why not demo both at the same time and see which you prefer?

I found it to sound quite different in one important way, the Eventide one was very heavy on the 'ocatving' effect whereas VH was more subtle, and like a lush ethereal tail which I preferred... But i'm sure the world is full of people who really love the octaving effect some shimmer reverbs create...

Both can be demoed, why not demo both at the same time and see which you prefer?
Yeah absolutely agree with you there. I’ve actually got them both being demoed on my DAW at the moment and I do prefer the sound of VH but I think subconsciously I was thinking that with all the additional dials and buttons it might be possible to create the same sound as VH on ShimmerVerb.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate your thoughts

Regards

Gavin

Top Bottom