What's new

Etheras ( Gold, Evi, Soundscapes) - Tech thread - NEW UNIFY GURU FILES

OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

Senior Sound Designer & Composer
Yes, True Legato.

I know, I can't do anything about Missing Content. I hope as soon as possible they will add the possibility of doing a Batch-Update of all the patches contained in a library.

Anyway, the advantage in the current work session is so huge, that you just have to put all 3 Ethera, (Gold, EVI, Soundscapes) in a folder called, for example, Ethera Series (don't put Ethera 2.0 in it otherwise it creates problems), and at least you only have to do it once for all and 3 for each session.

I started with Soundscapes too.

Over 60Gb of Hybrid Stuff and Vocals, for Sound Design and Hybrid Scoring.
With Navigation, Layering. Tags...

Just Amazing.

Capture.JPG

sostenuto

NKS Fan !
Sorry for being 'easily' confused ! :blush: I have 'all' ETHERA since beginning. Also, all ETHERA.guru.

I need to sort (2) sets of Folders ( Kontakt 6.4.2 and UNIFY ) to latest & best content __ and delete older stuff.

Ideally, what should Kontakt ETHERA folder look like now ? ___ and what should Unify DATA folder look like now ?

Hoping maybe Shane is monitoring and can help from his perspective as well. BTW, I am on Win10 Pro Desktop PC and may have discrepancies since beginning of UNIFY ... in terms of possible duplicate folders for original content and this later ETHERA.guru content.

I thought I could simply drag and drop the new Gold 2.5 & EVI 2.0 .guru downloads in to UNIFY ? Will that cause problems ?

OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

Sorry for being 'easily' confused ! :blush: I have 'all' ETHERA since beginning. Also, all ETHERA.guru.

I need to sort (2) sets of Folders ( Kontakt 6.4.2 and UNIFY ) to latest & best content __ and delete older stuff.

Ideally, what should Kontakt ETHERA folder look like now ? ___ and what should Unify DATA folder look like now ?

Hoping maybe Shane is monitoring and can help from his perspective as well. BTW, I am on Win10 Pro Desktop PC and may have discrepancies since beginning of UNIFY ... in terms of possible duplicate folders for original content and this later ETHERA.guru content.

I thought I could simply drag and drop the new Gold 2.5 & EVI 2.0 .guru downloads in to UNIFY ? Will that cause problems ?

Easily confused Why? It's really simple.

Create a folder with Ethera libraries, for example, called Ethera Series, put inside this folder: Ethera Gold 2.5, Ethera EVI, & Ethera Soundscapes 2.0. ( I'm talking of the Kontakt library, not of the Guru files), you can create it where you want ( of course if you move Ethera libraries you have to do the Batch Re-Save ( as usual for Kontakt Libraries)

Then use the Guru files to install the presets for Unify.

When you have content missing, select the Ethera Series folder with Keep search mode.. activated.

It's really simple.

UNIFY with the Ethera's installed.

Capture.JPG

Unify Libraries folder ( after the drag&drop of Ethera's Guru Files)

2.JPG

Kontakt Libraries Folder:

Capture4.JPG

What kind of duplicate are you talking?

Last edited:
OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

Ethera EVI 2.0 GURU

Ethera Gold 2.5 GURU

Ethera Gold | CyberWorld EXP Pack GURU

Ethera Soundscapes 2.0 Next Week

sostenuto

NKS Fan !
Easily confused Why? It's really simple.

Create a folder with Ethera libraries, for example, called Ethera Series, put inside this folder: Ethera Gold 2.5, Ethera EVI, & Ethera Soundscapes 2.0. ( I'm talking of the Kontakt library, not of the Guru files), you can create it where you want ( of course if you move Ethera libraries you have to do the Batch Re-Save ( as usual for Kontakt Libraries)

Then use the Guru files to install the presets for Unify.

When you have content missing, select the Ethera Series folder with Keep search mode.. activated.

It's really simple.

UNIFY with the Ethera's installed.

View attachment 42801

Unify Libraries folder ( after the drag&drop of Ethera's Guru Files)

View attachment 42802

Kontakt Libraries Folder:

View attachment 42803

What kind of duplicate are you talking?
Hey Stefano _ Perfect answer ! After your earlier posts, I had deleted older ETHERA Gold folders, but have ETHERA 2.0 Folder - with Ethera Instruments and Ethera Samples sub folders. I do not know what to do with these. They must be now in one of the other ETHERA folders ?

Attachments

• Ethera 2.0 Instruments.png
    Ethera 2.0 Instruments.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Ethera 2.0 _ Samples.png
    Ethera 2.0 _ Samples.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

Hey Stefano _ Perfect answer ! After your earlier posts, I had deleted older ETHERA Gold folders, but have ETHERA 2.0 Folder - with Ethera Instruments and Ethera Samples sub folders. I do not know what to do with these. They must be now in one of the other ETHERA folders ?
HI,

That is Ethera 2.0

I'm talking of Ethera Gold 2.0, Ethera EVI 2.0 and Ethera Soundscapes 2.0.

Ethera 2.0 is not mentioned in this Thread.

Moreover, Ethera 2.0 is not supported by UNIFY

and Ethera 2.0 must be installed in a DIFFERENT folder and not inside the same Ethera Series folder with ( Ethera Gold 2.0, Ethera EVI 2.0, Ethera Soundscapes 2.0)

So please only ETHERA GOLD 2.5, ETHERA EVI 2.0 and ETHERA SOUNDSCAPES 2.0

To have all the files in order please follow the examples posted above.

Move the Kontak Libraries: Ethera Gold 2.5, Ethera EVI 2.0 and Ethera Soundscapes 2.0 in a folder called: Ethera Series.

sostenuto

NKS Fan !
Got it, THX ! Have ETHERA Series Folder exactly as you advise.
Sorry to pester more, but where does Ethera 2.0 go ? What is it part of ?

OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

Got it, THX ! Have ETHERA Series Folder exactly as you advise.
Sorry to pester more, but where does Ethera 2.0 go ?
Where you want :)

But not in the same folder of Ethera Gold 2.5, Ethera EVI 2 and Ethera Soundscapes 2, because if you put Ethera 2 in the same folder when you do the "Keep Search mode... " and Browse for folder .... you have a problem.

Also, it is useless to have it in the same folder, so I will not make a version of the presets for Unify of Ethera 2.

Cheers

sostenuto

NKS Fan !
Cool ! I'm ok for future. Will leave Ethera 2.0 alone or delete, but seems strange that it has no relation or connection with anything else. I will spend some time using it in Kontakt 6.4.2 to understand better what you intended when you created it.

***** Stefano .... are you stating that these few ETHERA 2.0 .nki are NOT present in the Libraries in ETHERA Series folder you/I created ??

Attachments

• Ethera 2.0 .nki.png
    Ethera 2.0 .nki.png
    392.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

Cool ! I'm ok for future. Will leave Ethera 2.0 alone or delete, but seems strange that it has no relation or connection with anything else. I will spend some time using it in Kontakt 6.4.2 to understand better what you intended when you created it.

***** Stefano .... are you stating that these few ETHERA 2.0 .nki are NOT present in the Libraries in ETHERA Series folder you/I created ??
That patches were created to use with the ROLI seaboard.

The advantage of UNIFY is to have a very fast browser for navigation. The ability to select favourites via the "heart" icon. The ability to create layers between the various libraries very easily. This brings a huge advantage with the use of libraries like Ethera Gold, Ethera EVI and Ethera Soundscapes.

In addition to the many Vocal Phrases ( legatos and sustains), there are also in total over 2000 presets of Hybrid sounds.

The first Ethera 2.0 has no Hybrid sounds. It only has a few Vocal Pads. So I don't see the usefulness of converting those few nki it has, for Unify.

That's why I'm talking about Ethera Gold, Ethera EVI and Ethera Soundscapes.

Then I will evaluate, in fact, I'm converting Ethera Soundscapes 2.0 which has many presets, many vocal phrases.

So next week all these three libraries will have the presets converted for UNIFY and as I'm showing during my live-stream the workflow is amazing.

Having, for example, all the Vocal phrases (GOLD; EVI, SOUNDSCAPES) inserted in UNIFY, having the possibility to navigate and search for any vocal phrase of that library is amazing and really fast.

The same thing is for Hybrid Sounds. In this way is like having a super big Ethera that contains all three libraries ( Gold, Evi, Soundscapes) with the faster and powerful browser out there.

Last edited:

sostenuto

NKS Fan !
Clear, StefanoM. No problem now with ETHERA 2.0 and I will keep or discard depending on desire for Vocal Pads.
If they are the main useful content in 2.0, you could always UNIFY them as part of new Soundscapes ..... :rolleyes:

No worries now. All is well and looking forward to all you do !

cosminMIRZA

Hi there. I just bought the Ethera Gold Studio One Soundset and whenever I load them I get this message first.

so.jpg

After that, I have to press the Instrument Editor button to open a Kontakt instance to load a sample. This happens every time I drag and drop a new sample into my work session.

Does anybody know what could be the issue? Is it a Kontakt bug or something, or is there a workaround?

Markrs

Complete Beginner
Hi @StefanoM I need to reinstall the Ethera Gold 2.5 and Cyberworld Unify patches, but I can't seem to find them. I also remember there was a problem with batch linking them in contact and needing to do a symlink, is this still true and do you have details of the process?

OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

Hi @StefanoM I need to reinstall the Ethera Gold 2.5 and Cyberworld Unify patches, but I can't seem to find them. I also remember there was a problem with batch linking them in contact and needing to do a symlink, is this still true and do you have details of the process?
Hello Markrs,

there is the link on the Zero-G Web Site.

The Problem is if you are using Kontakt 6.5 the batch-update of Unify doesn't work anymore

anyway this is the link, there is the Image of Unify, click to load the file.

Markrs

Complete Beginner
Hello Markrs,

there is the link on the Zero-G Web Site.

The Problem is if you are using Kontakt 6.5 the batch-update of Unify doesn't work anymore

anyway this is the link, there is the Image of Unify, click to load the file.

Thanks @StefanoM

OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

Hello Guys,

NEW GURU LINK is Here, No more Content Missing ! !

PlugInGuru has created this amazing little app for us, and it works perfectly for Mac and Windows.

Of Course YOU HAVE TO DELETE your Older Ethera Guru Libraries from the Database.

You can download the new Guru Files and the Guru Link for Mac and Windows under the Video info tab.

For any problem please read the READ ME.

And As I explain in the video, pay attention to the NAME of the Ethera Folders, that's important and it must be as I explain.

Last edited:

KarlHeinz

Hi Stefano,

this sounds great, one problem: all the other folder names are as they should and I am sure I did not rename any but my Ethera Gold folder is:

Zero_G_Ethera_Gold 2_5

Did I maybe miss an update (the latest files in the folder are 12/2020) and where to get ? Or should I rename the folder manually now ?

Top Bottom