What's new

Etheras ( Gold, Evi, Soundscapes) - Tech thread - NEW UNIFY GURU FILES

StefanoM

Senior Sound Designer & Composer
I created this Thread to add tech news about Ethera Gold

To improve the navigation into the presets, I've just worked on a new Core Synth Snapshot Structure, now the 1.0, 2.0,2.5 are into the same category.

You can download just now the new presets structure here

Follow the installation in the video.

You have just to delete your 01_ETHERA GOLD CORE SYNTH 2.0 snapshot folder from User Content and replace it with this new version.

After the Hollydays I think I will do the same with the Action Synth.

Of Course, the CyberWorld Exp Pack Presets are out of this new structure, because they have separate nki instruments.

And if you haven't done so yet, or purchased the library before the release of this upgrade, download and install the 2.5.1 upgrade which adds Arrows to navigate into the layers, and solo keys. Now clearly the version you find on the store is already 2.5.1. Soon in the stores, I will also include this new presets structure for the core synth. For now, take it from here.

Cheers

Ste

Last edited:
OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

Ethera Gold 2.5 Presets for UNIFY

This is the .guru version

Here the Live:

Last edited:

jbuhler

Besides setting the Kontakt to "keep search mode," you also need to update each patch in Unify to remember the new path, otherwise you need to redo it each time you open Unify. ("Update" is one of the options under save.) I don't know if there is a way to batch resave this way in Unify.

sostenuto

NKS Fan !
Expecting lotsa comment in next PluginGuru Livestream ..... and clear recommends on best process to optimize UNIFY + ETHERA combo(s). Little question Stefano M will gain UNIFY competence rapidly as potential synergy is high. :thumbsup:

OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

Besides setting the Kontakt to "keep search mode," you also need to update each patch in Unify to remember the new path, otherwise you need to redo it each time you open Unify. ("Update" is one of the options under save.) I don't know if there is a way to batch resave this way in Unify.

Yeah the best way is create a little Template with Unify loaded and an Ethera GOld 2.5 patch loaded with the "keep search mode" selected. So is just for that session. And when you want to start with a new project you can start from that" template".

OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

If you are on MAC and you have an Error when you load an Ethera Patch with UNIFY check the PDF for Mac Users.

And I Created also the PDF for the Installation with the .guru file.

Attachments

• UNIFY ETHERA LIBRARIES INSTALLATION GUIDE.pdf
    756.9 KB · Views: 12
  • UNIFY & KONTAKT MAC USER.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

CyberWorld EXP Pack - Converted

Here The Live Stream you can download for free the guru file.
There is the link under the Info Tab on YouTube

Cheers

OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

Yeah, next days I will start with Ethera EVI and Soundscapes.
I Would like to have all the Etheras ( that have Hybrid Sounds in addition to the Vocals) " Unifyzed" :)

In addition to you tube I will put the Download Link on my WebSite too at this link:

Last edited:

KarlHeinz

This will really make a Cyber-Monster-Workstation out of it :thumbsup:. Or: one to rule them all ;).

I already started saving a best-of for me as Unify layers so I have it whenever I need them.

Its really much easier to browse, tag, whatever. So much appreciated :thumbsup:

OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

This will really make a Cyber-Monster-Workstation out of it :thumbsup:. Or: one to rule them all ;).

I already started saving a best-of for me as Unify layers so I have it whenever I need them.

yeah,

ideed :)

PatrickS

Same here. Ste's hard work in cataloguing the individual presets makes the job much easier.

Mark Elba

Absolutely.. Patricks...

I love Unify and I love How I can work with Ethera inside Unify.
Ditto! I purchased Unify because of unified Ethera. :)

@John Lehmkuhl Unify is great! Now I just wish that one could include the patch comments in a search.

Being able to update/resave many patches at once, so Kontakt doesn't need to search the samples each time, would be an incredible time saver. Is something like that on the roadmap?

Last edited:
OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

Ditto! I purchased Unify because of unified Ethera. :)

@John Lehmkuhl Unify is great! Now I just wish that one could include the patch comments in a search.

Being able to update/resave many patches at once, so Kontakt doesn't need to search the samples each time, would be an incredible time saver. Is something like that on the roadmaP

I've Talked with Unify Guys, about this. I think they are working on it, for Kontak Libraries "unified" something of similar to a Batch-Update for all the Patches

At the moment the best solution is How to explain in my live-stream or on the PDF...

Do keep search mode for the current session..
and then create a template with that Unify Instance, so you can start from that template without Missing Files.

Last edited:
OP
StefanoM

StefanoM

Hi Guys

I Updated the GURU Files,

please delete the older UNIFY Ethera Gold 2.5 & Ethera EVI folder and cyberworld, run the build database, and install the new version. There is also the True Legatos.

I created also a new GURU FILES to fix this type of issue:
" In my Unify folder the library shows as "Unify Ethera Gold 2.5". However if I try to save a new patch, Unify defaults to putting it in a folder called "Ethera Gold 2.5" which it instantly creates in my library folder. The new patch still shows up in the browser however "

GURU FILE ETHERA GOLD 2.5:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifu7jrnyp2e1zb5/Ethera Gold 2.5.guru?dl=0

GURU FILE ETHERA EVI 2.0:

GURU FILE CYBERWORLD EXP PACK:

jbuhler

Hi Guys

I Updated the GURU Files,

please delete the older UNIFY Ethera Gold 2.5 & Ethera EVI folder and cyberworld, run the build database, and install the new version. There is also the True Legatos.

I created also a new GURU FILES to fix this type of issue:
" In my Unify folder the library shows as "Unify Ethera Gold 2.5". However if I try to save a new patch, Unify defaults to putting it in a folder called "Ethera Gold 2.5" which it instantly creates in my library folder. The new patch still shows up in the browser however "

GURU FILE ETHERA GOLD 2.5:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifu7jrnyp2e1zb5/Ethera Gold 2.5.guru?dl=0

GURU FILE ETHERA EVI 2.0:

GURU FILE CYBERWORLD EXP PACK:
Now you have me in a bind, since I’ve already gone through and re-saved all the patches of Gold 2.5 and the Cyberworld pack so i don’t have to deal with the missing samples issue... I assume if I install these I’ll have to go through that process again. So you added the true legato instruments? Anything else?

Top Bottom