1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ethera soundscapes

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by zimm83, Oct 15, 2017.

1. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

Recently with the NI deal, you could have gotten the Soundiron stuff for a song and dance. And it would be worth it. Soundiron is a great company and they do some really good products.

Ethera and Soundscapes FEEL, at least to me, easier to work with and very inspiring. The sounds are relevant and "now". To be sure, there is a lot here, and not all you will find useful. But I love the way it sits in my mixes and sounds fat without clouding my performances.

sostenuto likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    zimm83

zimm83 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2017
    France
    No brainer. Instant buy.

3. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Appreciate this.:thumbsup: Can you guide in terms of Ethera versus Choir libs with solo performers? Have very limited content such as Storm Choir 1, Choir in The Orchestra, Choir content in K11U K5 Fact Lib.
    What are added features in Ethera (or Soundscapes) which will truly go beyond what exists in most Choir libs?

4. Goldie Zwecker

Goldie Zwecker Senior Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Perhaps it wasn't obvious from my posts on other threads - buy i have the Omega bundle so i have gaia and rapture.
    I was just wondering if this is better. And if $94 is just the msrp price, i might just grab it in the next sale.

5. StefanoM

StefanoM Senior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Hi,

Choir Lib with "solo " vocal and Ethera Soundscapes 2.0 are very different products

Ethera Soundscapes 2.0 has 3 lib in 1 ! The first is a complete Solo Vocal library, With a great Vocalist, ( perfect for Lisa Gerrard Sound, or Celtic , Epic or also EDM ). With a powerfull and realistic Emotive TRUE legato , with 3 Velocity layers to change the vocal legato articulations,( female ). With so many inspirational real vocal phrases ready to use, in different bmp and keys. And a powerfull engine to edit the phrases.With a Vocal Arpeggiator With Voxel modulation. Ethera Soundscapes 2.0 has many Vocal Sustains ( polyphonic ) with voxel. Soundscapes 2.0 has also many scripted Vocal legato , with phonemes , voxels, and Roli Seabord Support. The Second lib is an incredible sound design tool, with a powerfull and easy to use Hybrid WaveTable Synth, With Arpeggiator, textures, organic sounds, braams, bass, synth pad, vocal pad, , leads, etc etc . With many Snapshot Presets ready to use, and an easy and powerfull audio engine to create new sounds from raw samples with grain control, time stretching , formants control. And the Third lib is an Ambiences Synth with very particulars evolving textures... sampled from nature, day life, organic matirials, a great tool for sound design and evocative soundtracks.

I suggest you to see the videos on you tube.

So in conclusion, it is a very different lib from Choir Lib with " solo " vocal patch.

Bye :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    synthpunk and sostenuto like this.
  6. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Much appreciated Reply ... Thank-you! Main issues are covered nicely, although Roli support is an interesting side topic as holiday buying approaches.

Feeling more comfortable now to add these 'vocal' tools, and current offer with Ethera is timely. :thumbsup:

7. StefanoM

StefanoM Senior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Hi Guys, I made a simple " mess around - Video 01 " on Ethera Soundscape 2.0.

I'm sorry for some " error " it always improvised.
    :)

8. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Hi All,

Just came across this thread, and WOW, the Zero-G stuff is just so beautiful. It leaves me with 2 questions:

1. I still can't decide between Ethera 2.0 and Soundscapes 2.0 though - I'm much more interested in the vocal, rather than ambient synth sounds, so that would obviously make me lean towards Ethera 2.0, but that True Emotive Legato in Soundscapes is just breathtaking! So, should I get Ethera for greater breadth of vocals (and miss out on true legato), or get Soundscapes for the true legato (and ignore most of the rest of the lib?) Is the legato in Ethera 2 as good as in Soundscape? Both sound SO good, but both isn't an option!

2. Then Stefano went and mentioned Dominus, which I hadn't seen, and that too is amazing, and gives me my second dilemma! I'm not comparing this with Zero-G libs (solo vs choir), but I've been impatiently waiting for Spitfire's collaboration with Eric Whitacre as I love both of these 2 and the combination could produce something really spectacular, but I'm not sure it's possible to do better than Dominus - it's everything I was hoping the Spitfire/Whitacre library will be when it comes out (in February, Paul seemed to hint at in recent Q/A) - do I wait, or pull the trigger on Dominus? Oh, it's killing me!!!

9. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Well, you just talked me into adding it to my wishlist!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2018
  10. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    ...and now I'm confused: according to the description, Ethera 2.0 lists "'Oh' & 'Ah' True Legato and Staccato Patches", so what's the difference between this and 'Emotive True Legato'?

11. StefanoM

StefanoM Senior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    The Emotive True legato of Ethera Soundscapes 2.0 " at the moment " is one of the best " emotive & realistic " vocal true legato in a sample libray, the second one is Vocal Codex, (in my opionion of course ) . If you need a not " Opera" Voice, but cinematic vocal Ethera Soundscapes 2.0 is a great add. Ethera 2.0 ( blue ) has a more " flat true legato " ( nice of course..).

Ethera soundscapes 2.0 has also many scripted legato that are very powerful if used well. ( also male vocal and phrase synched legato )

Yes Ethera soundscapes 2.0 not has only vocal.. but the rest of the lib is a great source of sounds... ( synth ...ambience, drone... and Vocal Phrases of course )

Guys, I still think that the Vocal phrases are an incredibile source of vocal sound material, I use the phrases very often together the Emotive True Legato.

Bye

:)

12. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Thanks for the quick feedback Stefano. If I had waited the short time before your reply, I think you would have convinced me to go for the Soundscapes, but I'm too impatient and decided to pull the trigger anyway, and went for Ethera 2. Ah well, too late to change now, but I still think the Ethera 2 is excellent - incredibly beautiful voice. Congrats Stefano on 2 great libraries.

13. StefanoM

StefanoM Senior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Congrats.. .anyway :) and thanks !

Keep in mind that Zero-g has a "crossgrade" for Ethera 2.0 users who want to switch to Soundscapes 2.0 .

Bye :)

sostenuto likes this.
  14. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    I've had some time to play around with this now, and I'm completely amazed. This thing is incredible!! I've had a melody in my head for a while, and thought I'd try Clara's voice on it! Oh, wow - just INCREDIBLE! I've listened back to it over and over again, and can't quite believe it's me playing it - it's like having her stood next to me, and sing exactly the song I'd written, but hear it much better than I'd even hoped it would sound (will upload to the members composition section when it's finished) . Honestly, completely blown away! I've been using the Ethera Phrases Builder Legato TM: with a length of 20 units, it's really authentic and believable. EXACTLY what I was looking for - thank you Stefano, thank you Clara, you are both incredibly talented.

15. StefanoM

StefanoM Senior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Hi Garry,
    I am so happy for this . It is my primary goal. Thank you.

Ethera 2.0 & Ethera Soudscapes 2.0 (and soul edition of course) I thought of them as a user, because I am a user also :). I'm happy to be quite successful.

Bye !

16. OP
    OP
    zimm83

zimm83 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2017
    France
    So cool libraries. Using them all the time .

Garry likes this.
  17. Sopranos

Sopranos Senior Member

Jul 22, 2010
    I may be pulling the trigger on Soundscapes 2.0...

Are there any naked demos using only the library out of the box? I found like 3 demos on the website but I can't tell if they are naked using only that library (I hear a few booms and deep hits as well as tribal loops).

Cheers!

sostenuto likes this.
  18. Sopranos

Sopranos Senior Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Anything?

19. StefanoM

StefanoM Senior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Sopranos likes this.
  20. Mornats

Mornats Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    I don't know if I've done it justice on this track but that emotive true legato is a beauty to play. The vocals on this are just me noodling around with the emotive true legato in soundscapes, just bashing out a melody line over the track.

Garry and sostenuto like this.