ETHERA Gold " User Thread "

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by StefanoM, May 9, 2019.

1. KarlHeinz

KarlHeinz Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Hi Stefano,

these tutorials are absolutely amazing ! Worth the prize of the Ethera Gold alone :).

What I must admit like mentioned before: its really hard to keep track with all these presets in EVI 2 and Soundscapes, I cant even imagine with Gold on top of it....

If I use Cubase I would shamelessly ask you for your templates :), but as I do not that would be kind of a request if it might be possible in future to just add some templates for at least the most common DAW (as I dont own Cubase or Ableton maybe wont help me much, maybe Studio One 4 could count in there, I am afraid Mulab and Waveform wont :)) for example just based on these great tutorials now (trailer template, vocal template, using the....template).

I really dont want you to reveal your secrets but just as starting points this could be a great help. Cause actually Ethera comes to my mind when I am looking for some vocals. All this great other stuff is just so difficult to have the overview that I mostly just give up cause I know my guitar kontakt library, my athmosphere library, my.....Hope you get what I mean.

I really would like to do a whole song with Ethera (especially of course with Gold someday) and the tutorials are a real great starting point in some way, but.....

Thanks for this unbelievable support and energy going not only in to making this stuff but to communicate all this "how to" :)

clarasorace and StefanoM like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    StefanoM

StefanoM Ethera Man

Apr 10, 2015
    Rome

Hey @KarlHeinz , Thanks, do you know that the idea of "Template" Ethera is not bad at all? I Can try to create a basic Ethera Template for Cubase , with "Cubase PlugIns" and share it here...

Why Not ?

Thanks for the idea !

And... I Post the Tutorial on " ROLI ".

Ethera gold has special Patches for ROLI and are very nice!

Here some Tips ! And also some Tips to How use Soundscapes Roli Vocal Patches with Roli.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Leo and whiskers like this.
  3. Owen Smith

Owen Smith New Member

Definitely understood Stefano I was just hoping I hadn't missed something Thanks for your response! I'll be following!

whiskers likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    StefanoM

StefanoM Ethera Man

Apr 10, 2015
    Rome
    Zero-G Has just posted this Maybe It Can help you :-D :

TheSigillite and Owen Smith like this.
  5. eli0s

eli0s Member

Dec 23, 2016
    This is great! But I can see it stops at 13! What does this mean? 13 hours:geek:?? Or 13 Days:mad:??!! Hopefully the latter!

StefanoM and whiskers like this.
  6. KarlHeinz

KarlHeinz Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    I would assume that the countdown means the time to make the library so this would mean 13 days and I think realistic that it took about two years to make. And 13 days mean it will still be May :).

whiskers likes this.
  7. Goldie Zwecker

Goldie Zwecker Active Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Or perhaps it will be out on the 13th, this month.

8. OP
    OP
    StefanoM

StefanoM Ethera Man

Apr 10, 2015
    Rome
    The Developing of Ethera Gold took one year of work, but considering that the "core" of some important script It Was created before for Ethera EVI, then I powered the main Hybrid Synth Script,with new features. So 1 Year for the sampling of Vocals, Intruments, Editing, sound design, GFX, GUI, etc and yes. Considering all in all, 2 years of work yes ( as for Ethera EVI considering the V1 and V2)

whiskers likes this.
  9. KarlHeinz

KarlHeinz Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Dont know if evrybody had realized but the popup on the Zero-G site (I usually click ANY popup right away as I did this time before realizing that this could be interesting :) ) leads to a really informative comparision of the Ethera series including Gold. Will help me when looking for something in the future I would think, good idea :2thumbs:

Goldie Zwecker, StefanoM and whiskers like this.
  10. whiskers

whiskers Perpetual student

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    And Clara must have been so patient... :)

Say, does she still upload to her YouTube channel? I quite enjoyed her covers.

SoNowWhat? and StefanoM like this.
  11. Mornats

Mornats Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Here's the comparison chart (PDF format): https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1890/5447/files/Ethera_Collection_Chart.pdf?4704

StefanoM likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    StefanoM

StefanoM Ethera Man

Apr 10, 2015
    Rome

Yes A lot of patient.

Developing a True legato as Ethera EVI or the New Ethera Gold Epic True Legato is a very long process. Up to 3 Layers for many Sustains and Legato Transiction. No Loop. And The new Epic True legato is chromatic (no artificial pitching - Real Vocal Range from G3 to A5, synthetically extended range from A5 to C6) then there are about 1200 vocal phrases... etc etc , only the vocals is a lot of work.

About the Covers... and You Tube Channel a few weeks ago Clara published this, a live cover from the studio

Quanah and whiskers like this.
  13. OP
    OP
    StefanoM

StefanoM Ethera Man

Apr 10, 2015
    Rome
    Ok Guys, Tutorial 8 - This is The Last Tutorial For Now.

For Other videos I suggest you to see the official videos on Action Synth , Core Synth, Vocal Phrases , True Legato etc on the Zero-G website

In This Video I Show You how I Used Ethera Gold during my Work in FOX, for National Geographic. I composed a soundtracks for a Nat Geo Video, using Ethera Gold.

Ciao

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    whiskers likes this.
  14. clarasorace

clarasorace New Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Thanks, @whiskers

Yes, You are right! Develop this kind of True Legato is very Hard and a bit
    unnerving
    :faint:, and I supervised also the quality of the result, from my point of view ( a singer ) for the best result of the epic legato transitions.

And it sounds great!

Cheers! :)

Last edited: May 13, 2019 at 10:57 AM
  15. OP
    OP
    StefanoM

StefanoM Ethera Man

Apr 10, 2015
    Rome
    Hi Guys. Ethera Gold will be released on 23rd May as Zero-G has announced.

Here something to hear from the Composer David Michael Tardy which has composed some new Demo using Ethera Series:

In This Demo have been used only Ethera GOLD and Ethera EVI so 100% Ethera Sound

This Demo has been Used Ethera Gold TrueLegato, Action Synth for some action sequences, and some Arpeggiators, Vocal Phrases, some Hits and Synth Bass, Rising etc.

and this is a Demo composed using Ethera EVI and Ethera Soundscapes ( except for the strings )

Cheers.

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 4:28 AM
    Owen Smith likes this.
  16. SoNowWhat?

SoNowWhat? realised I can type here

Jul 26, 2016
    Oh wow. I didn’t know @clarasorace posted here. Excellent news.

StefanoM and whiskers like this.
  17. OP
    OP
    StefanoM

StefanoM Ethera Man

Apr 10, 2015
    Rome
    I Uploaded the demo of the Tutorials 4 & 5

100% Ethera Gold Sound , about the Vocals I used: Epic True legato, Some Ethera Gold Vocal Phrase, and some parts with Ethera EVI True Legato "Emotive True Legato"

Owen Smith, SoNowWhat? and whiskers like this.