What's new

Eric Whitacre Choir

Between the time zones and messing around with youtube, not sure if I got this into the #labschoir context in time, but very fun to write all the same.

There's lots of crazy (and cool) things people are doing with effects for this, but it I though I'd try to go organic and evolving, making as much use of the evo nature of the patch as possible, augmenting it with evolving voices both in dynamics, occasionally fluttering entries of the voices, and just a touch of contrapuntal motion (would love to have the legato to really build on this though kind of motion though)

Amazing how fun even a single evo patch is to work with, I can't wait to pick up the full library ... someday.

Last edited:
Between the time zones and messing around with youtube, not sure if I got this into the #labschoir context in time, but very fun to write all the same.

There's lots of crazy (and cool) things people are doing with effects for this, but it I though I'd try to go organic and evolving, making as much use as possible of the evo nature of the patch as possible, augmenting it with evolving voices both in dynamics, occasionally fluttering entries of the voices, and just a touch of contrapuntal motion (would love to have the legato to really build on this though kind of motion though)

Amazing how fun even a single evo patch is to work with, I can't wait to pick up the full library ... someday.

Nice. I messed around with it myself but didn’t come up with anything I thought was sufficiently distinguished.

I thought it was a fascinating exercise though because the films are so short but the library is built for sounds to just kind of sit there.

Great little project to see all of the possibilities using just one patch. It got me to delve a little deeper into my effects plugins to craft things, where my default move is usually to just look for a different synth patch.

This sounds good. Just curious though - are the pops and clicks part of the libraries you used or are they maybe rendering artifacts? It seems to happen just before each new note... almost like the samples weren't edited at the zero point of each wav file. But it may just be an artifact.

This sounds good. Just curious though - are the pops and clicks part of the libraries you used or are they maybe rendering artifacts? It seems to happen just before each new note... almost like the samples weren't edited at the zero point of each wav file. But it may just be an artifact.

Must be internet/soundcloud or some such issue - the samples are quite pristine to my ears.

I had a great time making 4 of these, unfortunately I ended up being pulled away this weekend and ran into a lot of export complications right up until the deadline, so my uploads are quite janky :confused:. Still had fun with the project though, and lessons learned for next time (such as you can do a simple audio/video merger right in youtube these days!) Looking forward to checking out some of the other submissions.

I bought the lib during the wish list sale, and in terms of the actual library it's pretty much exactly what I'd hoped it would be.

However: I'm having an issue in Cubase 9 with the EVO Grid plug where tempo changes somehow trigger a note off to the plugin. So you can have multiple sustained notes, and they all stop sounding as soon as the tempo changes. Has anyone encountered this? I have to assume it's a bug - it's just the kind of weird technical issue that makes me leery of buying into expensive non-Kontakt libraries.

I bought the lib during the wish list sale, and in terms of the actual library it's pretty much exactly what I'd hoped it would be.

However: I'm having an issue in Cubase 9 with the EVO Grid plug where tempo changes somehow trigger a note off to the plugin. So you can have multiple sustained notes, and they all stop sounding as soon as the tempo changes. Has anyone encountered this? I have to assume it's a bug - it's just the kind of weird technical issue that makes me leery of buying into expensive non-Kontakt libraries.
I just tried it in Logic, and I'm not having the issue, so it seems like it's not a problem specific to the plug-in, the Evo grid, and tempo changes. If you can do it reliably in Cubase 9, it would be worth submitting a ticket to Spitfire support. I've had very good luck with them helping me diagnose issues.

I just tried it in Logic, and I'm not having the issue, so it seems like it's not a problem specific to the plug-in, the Evo grid, and tempo changes. If you can do it reliably in Cubase 9, it would be worth submitting a ticket to Spitfire support. I've had very good luck with them helping me diagnose issues.

This is where I'm headed next. Issue occurs with both the EVO Grid and core libraries. Really, really annoying.

01 - SA - Eric Whitacre Choir - Soprano - Pitched Clashes
02 - BS - Era 2 - Vocal Codex - Lord of Wind 4
03 - SA - KO - Woodwinds - Accelerating Momentum Grid
04 - NI - Straylight - My Darkness Approaching

Always a pleasure to use this Choir... :)

I've listened to all the video's. Fantastic tone and lot's of textures.

I vote for SF to do a EW Choir II, with more distinct shorts & longs with syllables. As is, lots of beautiful textures (and other) is possible, but too much "standard" stuff I'd want like singing on different syllables to simulate singing actual words, just isn't possible

Top Bottom