What's new

Eric Whitacre Choir

Another experiment with EWC... (Strings on this are a combination of SA Chamber Strings, Studio Strings and HZ.)

Extra Cool !! Any one of several large companies should buy this now and use with their main Holiday commercial !
MBZ, Budweiser come to mind quickly: snow, motion, spirit-raising theme. :inlove:

Sadly it looks increasingly like I won't be able to scrape together the cash for this before the sale runs out, so I grabbed the LABS version a few hours ago and grumpily threw something together with it, Albion V, and a little Zebra. The music is nothing special, and the choral stuff isn't even that prominent... but here it is anyway.

P.S. No, I don't expect anyone to buy this even for $1, I just don't have a better way to share stuff since I got rid of SoundCloud and Dropbox isn't very sexy.

Last edited:
OK I’m on board! Let the downloading begin... This was a tougher decision than other purchases for couple reasons. Being that choral singing was my formal musical training I’m particularly sensitive to it and moved by it. I know how a good chior should sound. Partly because the human voice / what choirs can actually do is so hard to replicate. It’s expensive no doubt, but likely built with care and attention to detail. SA produces quality tasteful stuff. I suppose a few, at least one truly classical or more traditional choral mock up demo would have been nice to hear to easy the deliberating.

Sadly it looks increasingly like I won't be able to scrape together the cash for this before the sale runs out, so I grabbed the LABS version a few hours ago and grumpily threw something together with it, Albion V, and a little Zebra. The music is nothing special, and the choral stuff isn't even that prominent... but here it is anyway.

P.S. No, I don't expect anyone to buy this even for $1, I just don't have a better way to share stuff since I got rid of SoundCloud and Dropbox isn't very sexy.

You sell yourself short - this music is beautiful and I think the Labs version worked very well for it. The choral drifts in and out in a very nice way.

I'm curious why you got rid of SoundCloud?

VERY VERY nice

Wow, thanks everybody! Especially whoever *actually bought* that track, assuming you're someone here. You are crazy but thank you.

I'm curious why you got rid of SoundCloud?

Oh, this was a few years ago when there was a lot of bad press about them, but I'm sure that's blown over by now and they may have improved things. I also started to hate the sound quality.

Last edited:
I have to say that LABS is an incredible marketing tool. I don't own any Spitfire (yet) but I love the labs drums, amplified cello, and choir. All three of these have started me looking into purchasing their parent or related libraries.

OK I’m on board! Let the downloading begin... This was a tougher decision than other purchases for couple reasons. Being that choral singing was my formal musical training I’m particularly sensitive to it and moved by it. I know how a good chior should sound. Partly because the human voice / what choirs can actually do is so hard to replicate. It’s expensive no doubt, but likely built with care and attention to detail. SA produces quality tasteful stuff. I suppose a few, at least one truly classical or more traditional choral mock up demo would have been nice to hear to easy the deliberating.

Yes I really enjoyed that last video where Christian pushed it library over to one edge, but I’d really love to see how it would fare pushed over to a more classical edge. The legatos sound great, so I would expect it should go pretty far before it breaks.

Does anyone have a good sound example to post where Dominus or Insolidus does something similar to the delicate EWC sound?

I know It just been released. did eric Whitacre choir go on sale on black Friday? and will it be discounted for spitfire wishlist Christmas sale?

I know It just been released. did eric Whitacre choir go on sale on black Friday? and will it be discounted for spitfire wishlist Christmas sale?
No, it wasn't on sale for BF. It's unclear whether it will be part of the wishlist. If past experience is any guide, any discounts for this library are likely to be relatively modest for this wishlist discount.

Reactions: Rey
No, it wasn't on sale for BF. It's unclear whether it will be part of the wishlist. If past experience is any guide, any discounts for this library are likely to be relatively modest for this wishlist discount.
thanks for the heads up.
something slightly close to the intro price again would be nice.

Top Bottom