What's new

Eric Whitacre Choir

It's a pity, but Spitfire seems to want to be in control of the narrative, and that's not the case here. Interestingly, Spitfire has yet to post in commercial announcements, so they are clearly "making a statement" regarding their participation. The choir sounds wonderful and worth the wait.
Christian stated in one of his videos that he feels that VI Control is a "toxic environment". I don't agree whatsoever, but...

Sorry I dont want to disturb the party, but what exactly for should I need another Ah/Ooh/Oh/MMM choir? I haven't heard yet anthing that outstanding

My thoughts exactly... Yes there is the evo grid, but even that stuff
sounded pretty vanilla to me. Considering all of the anticipation and then reading the copy on the webpage, I was expecting to have my mind blown with something new, different and groundbreaking. Pretty underwhelming overall and quite expensive. Easy pass for me.

Am interested to hear from the early downloaders what the RAM situation is with this. Hans Zimmer Strings was a beast of a RAM and disk hog that I don’t think I’ll ever be able to use it for more than a layer tool (~500+MB for every single patch). If this one looks the same it might give me second thoughts. The HZS experience has definitely made me hesitant in this until I’ve heard some experiences.

Would be really grateful for some insights from those brave enough to dive in altready.

Thanks!
Still have 20gb to go, but if you look at Paul's walkthrough and I suppose the other vids you can see the Ram and CPU numbers at the upper left of the player screen. The RAM is "per instance." At least this slow download is making me read the manual.

Plod...plod...plod...

Probably due to the hammering Studio Strings received upon launch (?)
Interesting... and an astute observation from someone allergic to Narcissists! One of the challenges we all need to rise up to face is constructive criticism (I beg for it!) and Spitfire has ALWAYS seemed to have a VERY thin skin to anything said that appears negative. Mind you, VIC is FULL of Spitfire fans whereas the world these days is FULL of disgusting trolls, so I find this pretty ridiculous... KIM's comment is spot on...VI-C is a pretty great place as far as that goes.

I do believe you might be on to something... narcissist's do have difficulty with anyone voicing criticism or negative feedback. Not that they are (who am I to judge but it fits the definition and this has been raised a few times before) Their loss, really...but hopefully they'll reflect and realize no need to be "prissy" about feedback... we can all learn and respect the process.

The nice thing about THIS thread is I can react as I feal... and your comment rang a bit true. Might not be but...

As to criticism... looks like their new downloader is single thread and that might be screwing with all our downloads... I'm still at under 50 Mbps, have another 25GB to go and it's been over 6 hours!

Last edited:
It sounds very similar to EW Hollywood Choir, what do you think?
Have no real idea yet as the snail paced SFA downloading/downloader? is screwing with everyone... and haven't used EWHC for years... but I'd say no, it's closer to Orchestral Tools awesome choirs... OT's latest offering, Time Macro delves a bit deeper into this evo like territory and I'm SOOOOO loving it! Glad to see OT is continuing to offer these beyond the norm orchestrals (gee, couldn't say that in Commercial!). I've been just loving Time Macro and this is what helped me pull the trigger here. I have a bunch of choirs I just don't use but these new offerings give the degree of emotion and uniqueness I want, like Heavyocity's Gravity offerings

Have no real idea yet as the snail paced SFA downloading/downloader? is screwing with everyone... and haven't used EWHC for years... but I'd say no, it's closer to Orchestral Tools awesome choirs... OT's latest offering, Time Macro which delves a bit deeper into this evo like territory and I'm SOOOOO loving it! Glad to see OT is continuing to offer these beyond the norm orchestrals (gee, couldn't say that in Commercial!). I've been just loving Time Macro and this is what helped me pull the trigger here. I have a bunch of choirs I just don't use but these give the degree of emotion and uniqueness I want, like Heavyocity's offerings...
That's it. OT Time Macro has the same sounds plus the rest of the orchestra. Loving it so much. No need for Spitfire.

My thoughts exactly... Yes there is the evo grid, but even that stuff
sounded pretty vanilla to me. Considering all of the anticipation and then reading the copy on the webpage, I was expecting to have my mind blown with something new, different and groundbreaking. Pretty underwhelming overall and quite expensive. Easy pass for me.
+1 Not blown Away...

Wait a minute, are you the same two gentlemen who are on the gearsluts forum from northern Idaho? I’m from Boise, Idaho. (Quantum7)
Not me... Gave up being a slut years ago... but there's loads of escapees up here... quite amazing! i DO have a "Quantum" though!:rofl:

"Loaded." Such a wonderful word.

OMG OMG OMG! Kids, this isn't your average choir. WHAT A SOUND! Right out of the box I was literally speechless after a few major 7ths with tensions.

We've been hearing the term "detail" thrown around a lot lately, well this one's got detail, I'm pretty sure I can hear every one of those singers as an individual, no exaggeration, and none of them needs to apologize for anything. It's just amazing! No amount of mixing on anything I have so far can get to this. I'm sitting here just hammering away with pretty much any old aleatoric mashup, and it's invariably gorgeous and distinct with zero mud.

Got things to do, see ya later. Don't wake me up in the morning.

Top Bottom