Eric Whitacre Choir

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by jneebz, Oct 25, 2018.

1. packetslave

packetslave New Member

Feb 27, 2018
    anyone bought with an educational discount yet? was it 30% off the intro price, or the full price?

2. KEM

KEM Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    St. Louis, MO
    It sounds great for a soft choir library but I just don’t see the need for it since I already have Requiem, guess I’m going with Lacrimosa then...

3. AllanH

AllanH Senior Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Central Coast California
    I think Paul Thomson's walk-through video is excellent. The Choir really sounds beautiful with very little fiddling. Generous into price.

4. Virtuoso

Virtuoso Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    I'm so jealous. I've been downloading it for 8 and a half hours now and it's up to about 40% (on a GIGABIT connection!)

Looking forward to recreating Music for Airports 2/1 tomorrow though!

D Halgren and Vastman like this.
  5. gpax

gpax Senior Member

Oct 22, 2013
    It's discounted from the full price, though you can purchase during the promo and they'll do the math.

6. packetslave

packetslave New Member

Feb 27, 2018
    That's what I figured. Thanks.

7. gpax

gpax Senior Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Sorry, I was editing my response while you replied. I have not purchased the EWC, though.

8. packetslave

packetslave New Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Haha, no worries. Choir is downloading now, anyway, because yay impatient

9. LandWaterSky

LandWaterSky Member

Jul 7, 2017
    And I'm just up the road in Sandpoint.... :grin:

Vastman likes this.
  10. LandWaterSky

LandWaterSky Member

Jul 7, 2017
    I decided to go on and have them ship it to me on a hard drive. I would have needed to backup this monster anyway.

11. InLight-Tone

InLight-Tone Senior Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Christian stated in one of his videos that he feels that VI Control is a "toxic environment". I don't agree whatsoever, but...

12. Callum Hoskin

Callum Hoskin Senior Member

Jun 12, 2018
    England
    What options are there to purge in this player???

13. jtnyc

jtnyc Senior Member

Mar 5, 2013
    My thoughts exactly... Yes there is the evo grid, but even that stuff
    sounded pretty vanilla to me. Considering all of the anticipation and then reading the copy on the webpage, I was expecting to have my mind blown with something new, different and groundbreaking. Pretty underwhelming overall and quite expensive. Easy pass for me.

14. KEM

KEM Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    St. Louis, MO
    In what way? This is probably the most positive forum I know, he should spend some time on KanyeToThe lol

josephspirits and zimm83 like this.
  15. keepitsimple

keepitsimple Active Member

May 8, 2017
    Probably due to the hammering Studio Strings received upon launch (?)

Vastman likes this.
  16. Bill the Lesser

Bill the Lesser Active Member

May 8, 2018
    Still have 20gb to go, but if you look at Paul's walkthrough and I suppose the other vids you can see the Ram and CPU numbers at the upper left of the player screen. The RAM is "per instance." At least this slow download is making me read the manual.

Plod...plod...plod...

17. quantum7

quantum7 I'm 50 now....it's all over!

Wait a minute, are you the same two gentlemen who are on the gearsluts forum from northern Idaho? I’m from Boise, Idaho. (Quantum7)

18. HBen

HBen Active Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Purchased, and bankrupt again. Should I laugh or cry?

19. Vastman

Vastman we make the future

Interesting... and an astute observation from someone allergic to Narcissists! One of the challenges we all need to rise up to face is constructive criticism (I beg for it!) and Spitfire has ALWAYS seemed to have a VERY thin skin to anything said that appears negative. Mind you, VIC is FULL of Spitfire fans whereas the world these days is FULL of disgusting trolls, so I find this pretty ridiculous... KIM's comment is spot on...VI-C is a pretty great place as far as that goes.

I do believe you might be on to something... narcissist's do have difficulty with anyone voicing criticism or negative feedback. Not that they are (who am I to judge but it fits the definition and this has been raised a few times before) Their loss, really...but hopefully they'll reflect and realize no need to be "prissy" about feedback... we can all learn and respect the process.

The nice thing about THIS thread is I can react as I feal... and your comment rang a bit true. Might not be but...

As to criticism... looks like their new downloader is single thread and that might be screwing with all our downloads... I'm still at under 50 Mbps, have another 25GB to go and it's been over 6 hours!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    keepitsimple and InLight-Tone like this.
  20. zeng

zeng composer

Mar 12, 2012
    It sounds very similar to EW Hollywood Choir, what do you think?